Thirteen.

Jasmine.

My body jumps at the sound of testosterone. Yes, it has a fucking voice. "What the hell is going on?" I ask Jenna, a random worker who was behind her computer while I was walking past with my fresh iced Macchiato.

She shrugs, muttering an I don't know. "Where is Carter? Carter!" I whisper yell throughout the space that I'm in, but when I realize everyone is planted in their seats, I groan. Great, I'm handling the situation.

I walk out of the main office, and I turn down the corridor, hearing the sound of the shouting increase. My walk turns into a speed walk.

When I heard what I assume to be somebody getting a haymaker thrown at them. I wince, my walk turning into a jog. I round another corner into the foyer of the top floor—and I'm officially winded. I should've made the building just a mere 1300 square feet.

My eyes widen at the scene in front of me, but I turn to Wenda, the desk clerk, and I roll my eyes. "What the hell are you doing?" This is why I can't stand hiring women.

She's standing behind her desk with the deer-in-the-headlights look on her face. All the color drained from her face as she speaks into her phone with a shaky voice, holding said phone with shaky hands. "C-calling the police?"

"Are you out of your mind?" I practically scream, loosing all the calmness I've had nearly all week. "Hang that phone up right now!"

She shakes her head, and I look at Liam who's beating the shit out of Carter—Carter! "Liam!" I drop my coffee, tears immediately springing to my eyes after hearing the sound of it splattering onto the floor. My coffee...

I rush over to them as fast as I can in heels before squatting down, so that I'm eye level to Liam, who now has Carter in a choke hold. Carter, who was trying to get a few hits in, is now attempting to dig his fingers into Liam's arms. "A little help would be...amazing, Josefina." He gasps.

I nod my head, looking at Liam, trying to find his eyes. It's okay, I got this. I look to Carter, telling him that with my telepathic powers. "Liam Alessandro Forte." I say his name one time, and he loosens his hold on Carter to lock eyes with me, making my heart drop.

He's too far gone.

Fuck me.

Carter quickly gets away as soon as he was given an inch, and Liam quickly gets up as well, shaking his hand out—probably in pain from waiting to punch the life out of Carter.

I don't even have time to glance at Carter to look at the state of him before Liam charges to him and tackles him on the ground with a grunt. Stupid football player. They crashed into a desk. Sending papers flying and a loud crash sound filling the area.

"Liam," I groan. I just had him where I wanted him. Taking off my shoes, I ignore the weird stares from my employees. They're probably wondering how the hell I'm so calm in a situation like this. "Literally, hang up the phone, Wenda."

     "They're on their way already." Her eyes grow wide in fear of losing her job.

     "If Liam goes to jail, you're relieved from your work." I tell her with a smile on my face. Hearing another punch being thrown snaps my attention from her to Carter, who finally got a few hits in.

     The hair on the back of my neck stands up, telling me the police is within a five mile radius. I have way too much experience with them to not know when they're near. "Liam. Carter. To my office, now!" I bellow, feeling my tummy vibrate from the volume.