Thirty One.

Jasmine.

This dress was beautiful: A high neck, laced sleeved, red gown with a slit that came up mid thigh. Trying it on all those weeks ago, it looked freaking incredible. Liam's jaw was on the floor, his 'girlfriend's' jaw was on the floor, and my mother was pretty pissed because I...well, pissed on her shining moment.

It was just twenty-three minutes until I had to line up in order to walk down the fucking aisle in this gorgeous dress, when Tamara gave me that typical 'oh shit' gasp from behind me, and I all but had a panic attack.

"Breathe, Jasmine. Deep breaths," she coos, opening a water bottle and handing it to me as other older bridesmaids fanned me. Kaitlyn was currently watching Liliana, and Marci (the old lady that has a crush on Liam) took it upon herself to rub my back.

I'm almost in tears, gulping down the water that Tamara so graciously opened for me. "I can't believe it doesn't fit. I tried it on a few weeks ago!"

Agitated was an understatement as to how I felt at the moment. Not only were Liam and I about to crash a wedding in the next twenty minutes, but now I'll be crashing a wedding while naked because my dress won't zip up. How fucking embarrassing.

"Uh oh," Another lady had came in, seeing the distress on my and the other bridesmaids' faces. Her own face was pale, and she looked directly at me. "Your mother needs you."

"Why?"

"Come on, child. This wedding is going to crash and burn if you don't get a move on," she helped me out of the tight as fuck dress, and I threw my sweatpants and t-shirt back on before scrambling after the woman. We found ourselves in front of a private room before the lady opened the door and ushered me in.

My mother was sitting on a stool, her wedding dress still zipped up in a bag, laying across a table not too far in front of her. "Hey, Ma...why aren't you dressed?"

Her eyes were watery when she looked up at me, and she took a deep breath before mumbling, "It doesn't fit."

I tried to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor, but I couldn't help myself as my eyebrows drew together and my heart plummeted. "No fucking way. Mine doesn't fit either," I walked closer to her, and she sighed, smoothing the clear plastic out, and I marveled at the dress. It was different than the one she tried on before. And to be honest, it didn't look like she tried it on at all. "Ma...?"

"Liliana, come here, sweetheart." I immediately looked around as my mother called for Liliana, and she trotted up from somewhere inside the room, and sniffled. I stepped forward to pick up my baby, worried about her. Why was she crying? My mom held up a hand, though, and I paused in my tracks, just watching as Liliana came over to her and she picked her up and sat her down in her lap. "She didn't want to be with Kaitlyn."

"Why not? Did she do something wrong? Lily, what happened?" I asked, keeping my voice calm, but my blood was starting to boil.

"None of that," my mom waved me off, and Liliana rested her head on her chest, leaning into my mother's embrace. She smiled down at her. "Try on that dress."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, Mija. Dress. On. Now." She commanded, and I looked at her weirdly before carefully stepping out of my clothes and unzipping the plastic. I step through the dress and pull it up my body. "Come here."

I walked up to her sitting form, and she beckoned me to turn around, so I did. And she zipped the back up, and I held back a gasp when it fit. "What the hell is going on?"

"Before I answer. Hold her," she stepped in front of me, and gave me Liliana, who whispered in my ear that I looked beautiful, and kissed my cheek. I smiled, and my mother led me to a mirror. I felt huge tears pool my eyes as I looked my mother in the eyes through the mirror. She dabbed the corner of her eye with her finger and shook her head in disbelief. "I always knew you were a handful, but Dios mío getting together with the son of my boyfriend? I would've never thought."