Twenty Five.

Third Person POV

Jasmine and Liam walk hand in hand into Ruth's Chris Steak House in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for the last family dinner before the wedding.

They successfully dodged paparazzi, which put a smile on Jasmine's face. Liam wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his side, for there was exactly where she belonged.

They told the host their party name, and they were immediately escorted towards the table, where Michael and Rosalita were waiting.

"Hey mother," Jasmine said tiredly, her eyes searching for a bottle of wine, or Vodka, if possible. "Michael," she acknowledges.

When she told Liam she wasn't going to make it out of there sober, she sort of meant it. She brought Stillhouse Original Whiskey in her purse just in case. Over the years, she's kind of grown a little crush on G-Eazy, but Liam doesn't need to know.

     "How you been, Liam?" Michael assess his son that he's indeed proud of, though he has always had a tough time showing it. The work he's put in is remarkable, and it's so sad that his career will be put on hold for such a fatal incident which occurred a few weeks ago.

     "Peachy," Liam nods his head to Rosalita in acknowledgment. She smiles with watery eyes, looking between Jasmine and Liam. "You?"

     "Great," Michael breathes through his nose, eyeing Rosa from the corner of his eye. He wasn't so sure as to why she's been so emotional lately.

     A waitress comes over immediately, she was dressed nicely, and her hair was put into an amazing bun. "How are y'all doing tonight?" She smiles, and Jasmine noticed she didn't pull out a writing pad.

     She was impressed to say the least; this was a nice restaurant.

     While everyone ordered drinks, another lady came up to the table, asking to borrow Jasmine for a few seconds, which had her brows raise in interest. "Alright then." She then whispers to Liam that she'll be back and to order an appetizer.

He watches her hips as they sway while she's walking with the lady who looks like a stick compared to Jasmine. A tall one, with cute little tiny assets. She was pretty, but Jasmine looked gorgeous tonight.

Her dress caused them to make a detour on the way to the restaurant, and he nailed her in the backseat of his Range Rover. It was the perfect tease. Classy, but fucking hot as hell.

And he smiled when he saw her cradling her stomach as she walked.

Turning his attention to his father and Jasmine's mother, his smile dropped to a grimace. This was going to be a long dinner.

"So, tell me about your injury." Rosalita eyes his cast.

|||

Jasmine makes her way to some room located in the back of the restaurant, and the dainty woman who was escorting her had her sit on a barstool.

Her palms were sweating as she was dealing with Jasmine's underlying anger simmering in her blood. She could feel the slight heat radiating from Jasmine's body, but she managed to smile anyway. She cleared her throat "Hello, Jasmine."

"Hi. Is there a problem?" Jasmine already had a good vibe from the girl because when she came up to the table, she looked directly at her. Not Liam.

The woman shakes her head, pulling out a camera and turning on some stage lighting. "I just want to ask a few questions, that's all. We want a few opinions on how you think this family dinner is going to go tonight."