Chapter 17

Authors note pls read-
So guys the number of votes and reads have declined badly in last few chapters. I am not complaining but can you pls tell me if you are finding the story boring or anything. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

********

All the freshers who have participated in the dance competition please gather at the office'

I heard this announcement and started going to the office. On my way I saw fab5.

"Hi guys!" I said

"Hey nandu! Long time no see." Mukti said

"She has been busy with her new friends." Manik said annoyed

"Come on! It's not like that." I said

"Chill! Come let's go to the office together'' Alya said and pulled me.

Everybody had gathered at the office.

Our supervisor was standing with some paper chits in his hands.

" so guys everybody will write their names on the chits and girls will choose one chit. And whoever she chooses will be her partner." He said

"Listen Alya I am going to write my name with pink ink and I will also scribble a lot so that the ink is visible. So you pick that chit, okay?" Dhruv said to Alya and we all chuckled.

"What about us? Should I do something like that too?" Manik whisperd in my ear sending shivers through my body.

I composed myself.

"Why would we do that?" I asked smirking.

"Oh please I know you want to dance with me. Who else can handle you?" He asked

"Aryaman maybe" I said knowing how much Aryaman annoyed Manik.

In a swift movement his face turned towards me.His eyes were dark boring into my eyes.

"We will see about that." He said and went to write his name on the chit.

And then all the chits were collected in the bowl. There weren't many participants. Ony like 10 to 12 couples.

First alya went to pick the chit and very conveniently picked dhruv's name.

"It's Dhruv" she announced

"What? Really? Destiny wants us together " Dhruv said faking enthusiasm

"Not the destiny dhruv, the pink pen" Cabir said softly and we all chuckled

Next came Mukti's turn

"Abhimanyu" She said and her face went pale.

She quietly went and stood next to him.

I guess there is something going on between them but I decided to avoid it.

Even Navya and Cabir had made some plan so they ended up together.

"Come on guys! We don't have time. Two girls at a time" our supervisor yelled.

I and Sara went next.

We picked the chits. I opened my chit to see Aryaman's name. Just then I saw Sara's chit. 'Manik' was written on it.

"I have Aryaman" Sara said

"What about you Nandini?" Sir asked

"Manik" I said looking at Manik. And his face turned bright. He smirked and raised his eyebrows.

I just smiled looking at Sara and she just grinned.

Everybody had now been allocated their partners and were send off.

"Come on Aryaman we have to defeat these losers" Sara said

"Yaa let's go!" He said smirking

"We are off too" dhruv and alya said

"Guys remember the room is given for practice and not for making out." Mukti said and we all laughed

"Whatever!" They said and went.

"Same goes to you Cabir!" Manik said and Navya went away blushing.

"Are you mad? You will ruin it before it even happens!" Cabir said and followed Navya.

"Even we are going" Abhimanyu  said and mukti followed him.

"And then there were two." I said

"So Nandini! Your wish has come true. You have a golden chance to dance with me. Girls would kill to be you right now." Manik said

" Yes but nobody can be me right?" I asked unsure about his answer.

"Nobody" he said looking in my eyes.

*******
Vote and comment.