Chapter 29

Next up it was Mukti and Abhimanyu's performance. And boy were they hot. Their chemistry was sizzling and they both had awesome dance skills.

"Both of them are gonna end up together." I said to Manik

"Abhimanyu and Mukti? Never! I know Mukti since childhood and Abhimanyu is just not her type." Manik said

"You wanna bet?" I ask him

"Yaa whatever! I am going to win anyways" He said and we shook our hands.

And then finally it was our performance. In our dance first I would enter and then do some moves and then 15 secs later Manik would.

I was backstage and Manik gave me a thumbs up.

"And next up are Manik and Nandini......." The host said and everybody started clapping.

Heart beats fast.....

I entered

Colours and promises....

I started dancing

I will be brave.....

And suddenly I was pushed by Manik and I fell on the side of stage along with Manik on my top.

And seconds later the big light above the stage fell down.

My heart beats fastened and I felt numb.

It was right above me.

I started shivering. Manik helped me get up.

Everybody registered what just had happened and they rushed towards the stage.

I had goosebumps all over my body. Just then my friends and teachers came and escorted me to another room.

Manik brought a glass of water and I drank it.

"Are you fine?" He asked and I nodded

"Who was in the lights department?" Manik yelled and one person came forward.

"Sir we are very sorry. We had checked all the lights. We really don't know what happened." The person said

"You don't know what happened? One scratch on her and you would spent the rest of your life in jail" Manik yelled

Just then our principal entered

"I am sorry for whatever happened. The party is over. We are going to look into this matter. Just let Nandini rest." He said and went away.

Soon everybody left the group except our friends.

"Nandini are you okay?" Abhimanyu asked and I nodded. I had calmed down by then.

Just then Manik got up and stormed off the room.

The other members of Fab5 joined him. The others were in the room consoling me.

***Manik's POV***

I was very angry. The lights could have fallen directly on her.

I stormed out of the room angrily and I could sense my friends following me.

Just then I heard two people talking and I alerted my friends.

I recognised one of the voice as our principle's voice.

"Nobody should know about this. Our college has a reputation and we have to maintain it. So just keep this to yourself" he said and went.

This all sounded so fishy. The other guy was walking and we surrounded him.

"What was the principal talking about?" Cabir asked him

"What are you all talking about?" The man said faking his innocence.

"You know what we are talking about so tell us quickly." Mukti said

"Look I have to leave." He said and I held him by his collar.

"Tell us quickly or I swear we know other ways of forcing someone to open their mouth." I said and he got frightened.

"Actually..... Whatever happened on stage...." He started

"Fast!" Dhruv yelled

"Whatever happened on stage was not an accident. Someone had tampered the ropes........."

*********

So guys did you all like the update?

The story has finally gained some momentum.

Pls do vote and comment. Means the world to me and can anyone  pls comment about the new description?????