For Better or For Worse

Chapter one: it wont bring him back

                                                               *Emma's POV*

"Emma, your going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Mom yelled. "I'm coming!" I called back. I checked my hair and make-up for the last time before practically sprinting down the stairs.

I jumped off the second to last step and my feet hit the floor with a 'thud' sound. I started walking to the front door, but stopped to look at the pictures hanging from the wall.

One in particular caught  my eye. It was the picture of me and my old best friend at the local pool. I really miss those days. Especially my old best friend. We did everything together. We stood up for each other no matter what, but that all changed when he left.  My eyes started to water but i pushed them back, not wanting to cry over him...again.

I didn't realize how long i was staring at that picture until a loud 'honk' interrupted my thoughts. I blinked a few times, then started again for the door. I could hear my impatient mother speaking to me from the car as I made my way down the porch steps.

When I opened the door she was still rambling on about how i need to get ready faster in the mornings, how I'm such a procrastinator, blah blah blah. I just tuned her out and stared out the window.

We were half way to my school when I started to unlock my phone. I was about to type in the code when I noticed the date.

September 27th

Great...

Today wont be easy for me.