chapter three: worst. surprise. ever.

chapter three: worst. surprise. ever.                                               

 *Emma's POV*

I don't know how long i was in the bathroom when the late bell rang.

I slowly gathered myself together. I stood up and grabbed my backpack from the floor beside me.

Before leaving, i looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, my hair was still in tact, and mascara was streaming down my face.

I made my way out of the bathroom and down the empty hallway. I could hear the teachers talking inside their classes, but ignored them and focused on getting to homeroom.

Finally, i reached my class. I sucked in a deep breath before turning the knob and opening the door. The teacher didn't look up from her attendance sheet.

"Emmalee Craig?" All eyes were on me as i made my way to an empty seat next to Mary, which she probably saved for me.

"I go by Emma." I stated blankly. We only had homeroom on assembly days, so I didn't blame her for not knowing to call me Emma. She finally looked up at me and said, "And your excuse for being late is?"

"I was in the restroom." She didn't ask anymore questions, probably noticing my smeared make up and red eyes.

"Are you okay?" Mary whispered to me.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine now." I replied with a fake smile that couldn't fool anybody.

She didn't say anything else as the teacher continues to call role.

"Rebecca Mele?" "Here!" She replied quickly.

Mrs. Kingsly looked at her for a second before asking, "Are you our new student?" Rebecca smiled and nodded. "Yes ma'am"

"Come here for a second." Mrs. Kingsly stated curling her finger toward her a couple times.

Rebecca stood up and walked up the Mrs. Kingsly's desk. They started talking about something, but I didn't bother to listen.

My thoughts kept wandering toward Harry. All the things we did together, all the memories we made.

                                                      *flashback*

"Harry just jump! You will be fine!" I yelled from the front of the swing set.

"On the count of three!" He called back. "One....Two....THREE!!"

Then the 9 year old boy came flying toward me. Before I could move out of the way, he landed on top of me, knocking us both to the ground.

We burst into fists of giggles. "Harry get off me! Your too fat, I..cant...breathe." I fake gasped.

"I am not that fat!" He said trying to sound hurt while rolling off me.

"Yeah, that's what you think." I said poking his stomach.

~*~*~*~*~

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as the sled quickly made its way to the bottom of the snow-covered hill.

Suddenly, the sled stopped abruptly, while I continued to move forward.

I rolled down the rest of the hill until finally reaching the bottom. I wasn't hurt in anyway, but I didn't move a muscle. I was laying on my back, staring at the clouds and the beautiful view.

"Emma! Emma are you okay?! Hold on I'm coming!" I could hear Harry running quickly down the hill.

He finally made it to me without falling on his face.