chapter seven: double dates and jealousy

*Emma's POV*

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face. Last night was just down right amazing. No doubt about it. The dinner was delicious, the conversations were hilarious, and the kiss was....spectacular. I almost didnt kiss him back. It felt wrong to kiss my best friend but it was just so right.

I skipped down the stairs to grab a bowl of cereal before going to Mary's. I had to tell her what happen.

I poured a bowl of Frosted Flakes and sat down on the couch to watch some TV. I flipped through the channels before something got my attention.

"So, today we have some very special guests. You might know them as the five heartthrobs. Ladies and gentlemen, One Direction!" The woman interviewer introduced. Then, five boys walked from back stage to the couches on stage. They all had smiles on their faces and seemed fairly happy. Especially Harry. "So boys, how has touring gone so far?" The interviewer asked. Zayn was the first to speak. "It's going very well. Every place we have performed has been brilliant." The rest of the boys nodded in agreement.

They continued to talk about concerts, their break, and fans. Then the subject of girlfriends came up.

"So, who's taken?" Zayn was the only one to raise his hand. The interviewer looked at Harry with a puzzled face. "Harry, your single? Well, can you explain who this girl is?" A picture of me and Harry at dinner showed on the screen. We were both laughing at something. A blush crept up on Harry's cheeks. "Oh, she's not my girlfriend. She's just an old friend."

For some reason my stomach churned when he said 'an old friend'. Why? Did I want to be more than friends? No, Harry was my friend. Best friend, and thats it. The kiss we shared last night was just a friendly peck on the lips. Right?

"Well, if she's just an old friend, then can you explain this?" What was she-- oh my gosh, she didnt! A picture of me and Harry's kiss popped up on the screen. I was laying on top of him and our lips were locked. How did they even get a picture of us? Why didnt we notice them?

Harry was just as shocked as I was. "I-uh..." He stuttered. All the boys were smiling at him, except Liam. His face was sad and he was staring at his hands. Poor Liam. I felt so guilty now. He wasnt supposed to see that. Nobody was. I quickly emptied my bowl into the sink and rushed out the door. I had to talk to Mary about this.

*~*~*~*~

"Oh my gosh Mary what am I going to do? Liam saw the picture and he looked devastated. I probably cant even go out with Harry tonight without them thinking something else." I was pouring out everything that was on my mind. I do this every time I panic. Mary gave me a sympathetic look. "Sorry about that. Maybe Liam will forget about it. And what do you mean go out with Harry tonight?" I forgot to tell her that I was going with Harry to the carnival. "Oh, me and Harry are going to the carnival tonight."

"Oh, well have fun tonight." Her expression was disappointed. Why? "What's with the sad face?" She shook her head and said, "Well me and Louis have been talking a lot lately but he hasnt asked me out yet." That gives me an idea.

"What if you and Louis come with Harry and I? It can be a double date." Her face instantly lit up. "Really? You would do that for me?" I looked at her with disbelief. "Why wouldnt I?" She squealed with excitement. I laughed at her. "I'll message Harry and tell him about this."

To: Harry

Hey Haz! Is it alright if Louis and Mary double date with us tonight? pweeeaaassee!!

Mary and I continued to talk about girl things. It wasnt long before Harry responded.