chapter six: starting over

*Emma's POV*

Okay, did he say what i thought he said? He didnt remember who I was so how could he know what I liked? He couldnt have remembered me that fast? Could he?

All these thoughts and questions were rushing through my mind like a tornado. Harry didnt speak after saying, 'It's a surprise, but you will like it. You always have.' What did he mean by that? My thoughts were broken by the car coming to a stop. Harry cut the engine then stepped out of the car. I was nervous to see what he had planned.

The passenger door opened and Harry gave me a confused look. "Are you going to come out of the car?" I blinked a few times the unbuckled my seat belt. I stepped out of the car then followed Harry to the path in front of the car. Where are we?

We made it up half of the hill when Harry snaked his arm around my waist then leaned in a whispered into my ear, "Close your eyes." My body tensed up and goosebumps started to run down my back then made their way to my arms. I stopped walking and stared at him with a questioning look. "Why? Then I wont be able to see where im going."

The smirk on his face grew larger. "Thats the point. I will guide you to our spot." I didnt know if I should trust him. But life is all about taking risks, so thats what I did. I covered my eyes with one hand and Harry grabbed my free hand. His other hand snaked around my waist once again. I started to walk slowly up the hill, slightly being pushed by Harry. The hill gradually became less steep until it was an almost flat ground.

Finally the words I wanted to hear escaped Harry's mouth. "Open your eyes." I uncovered my eyes to see a small table and two chairs on either side of it. Plates of food and glasses of water were already sitting on the table. Lights stuck up from the ground making a path toward the table. I smiled at how cute this was and that he had gone through all this for me.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I guess Harry noticed my reaction and asked, "What do you think?" This was amazing. I always loved simple things. I was never the girl to really go all out for anything. "This is so perfect. How did you know I liked things like this?" He kept his grip on my waist and escorted me to the table. "Well, shouldnt best friends know everything about each other?" I was bewildered. Since when did he remember me? Last night he had no idea who I was and now he's acting as if nothing has changed. "What happen to not remembering me? You had no idea who I was last night."

He slightly laughed and pulled out the chair in front of me for me to sit in it. I took the offer and sat down while he sat down in the chair across from me. "Well Louis was talking to Mary about your friendship with her. She ended up sending him a picture of you both and when I saw it I asked what you last name was because I knew that we have met before. When she told me that your last name was Craig and your real first name was Emmalee. After that little piece of information, I knew it was you."

It was nice that he finally remembered who I was but why had we lost touch? I called and messaged him a lot while he was gone but he never replied. Ever. I had to know why he never spoke to me again. I took a deep breathe then spoke. "Well, why didnt you ever contact me? All you left was that pitiful note on my dresser." Even though he left and didn't give me a proper goodbye, I kept the note. I knew I would miss him more than anything. That was the last thing I had of him after he left.

Harry's face became hard and serious. "I didn't mean to lose contact, I promise. The first day I was in London, my phone died and I couldnt charge it because I was already at the audition. When I was finally able to charge it," A blush slowly crept onto his cheeks. "I dropped it in the toilet. It deleted some of my contacts and I was so angry and paranoid that I completely blanked out on your number. Im so sorry Emma. I never meant to hurt you, is there is any way I could make it up to you?"