chapter two: an old face on new walls

*Emmas POV*

We were about to pull into the new high school's parking lot when my mother said "You know, staring at the picture of you and H-" "Please, dont say his name." I cut her off harshly.

"Fine, but I notice how you always look at it before you walk out the door. I can tell you miss him." "I dont miss him. Im glad he left. If he really cared about me, the he would have at least called or kept in touch somehow!"

The car came to a stop outside the front of the school. Before she say anything else I opened the door and said "Let's just drop it, I have to go to class anyway. Bye mom."  I shut the door behind me and started my search for Mary, my new best friend.

After a few minutes of searching I found her talking to a girl I havent seen before. She must be the new student.

I walked over to Mary and was imediatly greeted with a hug follewed by "Emma, this is Rebecca. She just moved here from the states." My eyes widened before saying "Really? Cool, what state are you from?" She smiled half-heartedly then replied "Florida. We moved here because my dad's job"

It felt like she wasnt telling the complete truth. But I didnt want to question her now.

"Well that explains why your so tan." Mary joined in the conversation. We chuckled, then I examined her.

She was quite tan. Her sandy blonde hair went well with her beautiful grey eyes.

She was very beautiful, much like Mary.

Mary had straight, dark brown hair that sat on her shoulders. Her eyes were a hazel color that matched well with her olive skin tone.

I, on the other hand, had long, brunnette curls to the middle of my back. My eyes were a chocolate brown.

The bell broke my thoughts, then I realized I had been staring at Rebecca. I started walking to homeroom, then turned to Rebecca . "Whats your homeroom?" She dug in her backpack for a minute then pulled out her schedule. After skimming it for a few seconds she said, "umm...Mrs. Kingsly." "Great," I exclaimed. "You have the same homeroom as Mary and I."

We walked down the hallway toward the cafetiria, then I noticed all the One Direction posters and t-shirt stands.

"Why is there so much One Direction stuff here?" Rebecca asked with a smile. Before I could say anything Mary beat me to it. "They are having a concert at the arena downtown and since one of them used to go to school here, we are selling their merchandise today." "Really? I love One Direction, so I think Im going to go buy a t-shirt." "Ok, we will come with you!" Mary said tugging on my wrist.

When the lady at the counter handed Rebecca her shirt, she said, "By the way, which one of them went to school here?" I tensed, knowing the answer and not wanting to hear it.

Mary looked at me then back at Rebecca, "Harry Styles."

Then all the memories came flooding back to me. My eyes started to water, and before a tear could fall i said, "i'll meet you guys at homeroom." Then I sprinted down the hallway and pushed the door open to the nearest restroom.

Once the door shut, I slid my back down the wall and pulled my knees to my chest. I wrapped my arms around my legs. "Only he could do this to me." I thought. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

authors note:

follow me on twitter its @emma10marie

comment, share, vote, and fan!

thanks loves :)