chapter four: who am I?

*Emma's POV*

The door slowly creeked open. My heart was beating so fast you could probably see it through my dress.

Finally, one by one, five boys walked in with smiles and were well dressed. Mary was a huge fan and never stopped talking about them, so I obviously knew their names.

One was all to farmiliar. Harry. No! Shut up, dont say that word. It will only make you want to break down and he cant see you like that.

They all introduced themselves. "I'm Liam."

"I'm Niall."

"I'm Zayn."

"I'm Louis."

"I'm -"  I cut him off before he could say his name. "Mary, can I speak to you outside for a second?"

Her face went from smiling and excited to confused. Instead of  arguing, she floowed me out the door into the empty hall. "What's the matter?" She asked once the door was closed. My eyes went wide at her question. She knew all about Harry and I's past. How could she not know what the matter was?! My ex-bestfriend was in there and he didnt even recognize me.

"Are you kidding me? He is in there probably laughing and having a great time with his new bestfriends. He didnt even recognize me!" I took a deep breathe. "He's such a-" I was cut off by Mary. "Emma, I know where you are going with this. Just give him a chance. He barely saw you before you dragged me out here. Im sure he will remember you once he really looks at you."

I didnt say anything. I just nodded once. The smile appeared back on her face as she turned toward the door. She reached her hand out to open the door, but stopped and turned toward me.

"And by the way, Louis is all mine." I smiled and at her comment and stood behind her as she turned the knob.

As the door began to open, I got butterflies in my stomach. I hope he recognizes me. To be honest, i miss him. i really miss him.

I walked into the room behind Mary, and shut the door behind me. She went and sat down in the empty space between Louis and Harry. I sat on the second couch, across from the other one, between Liam and Zayn.

They both smiled at me. I smiled back and said, "Hello, I'm Emma." I turned to Zayn and he held out his hand. "I'm Zayn." I kindy shook his hand then turned to Liam. "I'm Liam." Like Zayn, he held out his hand for me to shake. I gladly took the offer. His smile looked like it got bigger when I grabbed his hand.

Now that I really look at him, he was very good looking. His light brown hair matched well with his chocolate brown eyes. He had a beautiful smile and voice. He was just...wow.

I hadnt noticed that we were staring at eachother or that or hands were still connected. A small cough broke my thoughts. My cheeks started to heat up as I tuned to see Mary smiling at us. She looked at me, then at Liam. I could tell what she was thinking by the huge grin on her face. She wanted to get Liam and I together.

I wouldnt mind if she did. He was very good looking and from what I know, he is the sweet and sensible one. He looked like a big teddy bear that couldnt hurt a fly.

I realized I was staring at the coffee table that seperated the two couches. I bliked a few times then looked aroud at the other four boys.

Zayn was on his phone texting, Louis and Mary were deep into a conversation. They are so cute together. Niall was at the food table devowering just about everything there. I chuckled at the sight. Liam was staring at his hands, deep in thought. I wonder what he was thinking about. I shruged it off.