Chapter nine: secrets and mistakes (part two)

*Emma's POV*

CLINCK! What was that? Oh well, back to sleep.

CLINCK! There it is again. What is that? It will eventually go away. Time for more sleep.

CLINCK! okay, that's it, I need to find out what that noise is.

I flung the comforter off of my body and stood up. It took me a few steps to regain my balance, but I eventually was able to walk normal. I walked over to my window and looked down at my yard. There was a car that looked familiar at the curb next to my house. Who's car was that? I got a closer look at my yard and noticed somebody standing next to the tree. I was scared to know who that was. What if that wanted me to come down there so they could kill me or rape me? That waved their hand, motioning for mr to cone down there.

I thought about it for a minute, mentally debating on weather to take the risk or not. I decided that I too much of a bad ass to let this opportunity slip, so I put on my frog slippers and slowly walked down the stairs. Tripping and tumbling down the stairs was the last thing I wanted to do at one in the morning.

I finally made it to the last step. Maybe I should have something to defend myself with, I thought. I looked around the room quickly then noticed my old softball bat behind the front door. I hadn't picked that thing up since I was 14. I forgot it was there. I walked over to the door and grabbed the bat with my left hand while I unlocked the door with my right.

I had to be quiet, so I don't wake up my mom. Wait, she's working the night shift so she won't be back till about 5 in the morning so i didn't have to be quiet. I slowly opened the door and peeked my head outside. I didn't see anybody, but they might be by the side if the house where I can't see them. Smart person.

I stepped through the door and gripped the bat behind my back. I hope the other person doesn't see it behind me. I needed this to protect a small girl like me. I slowly shut the door behind me, making sure not to lock myself out. Once I was in the clear, I walked closer to he yard. The person was now leaning against the

tree and facing me.

What did they want with me? And who were they? I took a fee more steps closer tho them and noticed some if their features. He was tall, lean, and masculant. As I neared him, he straightened up and took some steps

toward me. His facial features became clearer. He had curl, a very long torso, and was wearing a Jack wills sweatshirt and sweat pants that hung low in his hips.

Great, just the person I wanted to see at one in the morning. I tightened my grip on the bat, when I was only arms length from him. I was the first to speak. "What are you doing here? Do you have any idea what time it

is?" He had a had a weak smile and his hands stuffed inside his pockets. "I know that it's very early in the morning, but I came to talk to you. I needed to clear things up between us. I was hoping that you could listen to my side of the story. Please Emma, just give me a chance."

Did I really want to listen to him? No, I wanted to go back to my comfortable bed. We did need to clear things up but why did he have to do it so late? "I agree, we need to clear things up, but can I ask why your here so late? Why didn't you come earlier?"

He took a step closer to me. I wanted to step away from him, but my feet wouldn't move. I didn't want to be this close to him, especially after what happen this weekend. He spoke, breaking my train if thought. "I know it's late and I'm sorry for that. I knew Liam had cone over here, and if I left right after he cane back to the flat that would make the boys suspicious. I waited until they were all asleep before I came here."

His alibi was understandable, but I still think he should have come at a different time of day. Maybe one day after I get hone from school. "okay well, I will listen to you, since I'm already awake."