chapter eight: letting the lies slip up

*Liam's POV*

~The same night~

No. This cant be happening. He kissed her once but does he have to keep doing it! She pulled away and looked around before her gaze found me. She gave me sympethetic look, but I didnt want her pity.

In two days, the girl who I have fallen so hard for, has kissed my best mate twice. Harry always does this! I finally find a beautiful girl who fancies me back and he somehow manages to sweep her away. Well, I wont let it happen this time. I will fight for her no matter what it takes.

"Liam, what's wrong, mate?" Zayn and Niall had returned from the carnival and found me at the enterance. I watched Harry's car drive away, then turned to Zayn. "Nothing. Why would you say that something is wrong?"

The both gave me a look of disbelief and Niall spoke first. "Well, you were staring at Harry's car as it drove away and you havent been your usual self since the interview." He was right. Ever since I had seen that picture of Harry and Emma, I havent been a very up-beat person. "Im fine. Lets go back to the flat. Its getting late."

Without another word, they followed me to my car and I drove back to the flat. The drive back was silent. Nobody dared to speak. I finally pulled into the driveway to find Harry's car was already here. We walked up to the front door and I could hear people speaking inside. It was more than just Harry and Louis in there for sure. Who else would be here?

I opened the door and the room grew silent. I looked into those chocolate colored eyes and my heartbeat quickened. Zayn and Niall walked through the front door and sensed to tention. They smartly avoided it and walked into the kitchen.

I shut the door behind me with my foot and made my way to the couch where the rest of them sat. I sat down with the arm rest on my right and Louis to my left. Louis continued to talk with Mary. Harry gave me a questioning look. "Where did you boys go?"

I noticed Emma tense up and swallow hard. Was I supposed to tell him we went to the carnival as well? Should I tell him I saw their kiss? No, definitly not. "We, umm...went to the carival." Harry seemed taken back.

"Really? Im surprised we didnt bump into each other." Well, I saw you kiss the girl I fancy, I thought. "Yea, me either." That was all I said to avoid the conversation. I saw Emma sit up a little straighter and asked me, "So, why did you go to the carnival?" I swallowed hard and pointed to the kitchen. "Niall and Zayn heard you guys went and they begged me to take them. What are you girls doing here?" 

She looked at Harry then back at me. "Harry and Louis suggested that we come over before heading home." Of course. Harry just had to invite her. He knows I fancy her so why is he doing this? I needed to get Emma alone and talk to her about this. I didnt want Harry to interrupt us.

Then a loud crash came from the direction of the kitchen, followed by some curse words. "Niall i told you not to reach for it! You never listen do you?" Zayn shouted. Luckily, Harry stood up and said, "I better go help them before they start fighting again." He left the room and disappeared into the kitchen. Now was my chance to get Emma alone.

I stood up and walk toward her. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward my room. She didnt protest, and just went along with it. I shut the door behind her and she gave me a confused look. "What was that all about?" I took a step closer to her. "I had to get you alone so we could talk." She was still confused but relaxed a bit.

She walked over to my bed and sat down. I did the same and sat next to her. "Well, can I start by saying sorry? I know you were never meant to see the picture or us at the carnival. I dont know what has come over me the past two days but im so very sorry if I hurt you in any way." I should warn her about Harry. He's not the same person she thinks he is. He's different then what she told me he used to be like. "I just dont want you to get hurt. I really dont want to see the girl I fancy get hurt by my best mate. It kills me to see Harry with you because I think I am right for you. I will fight for you. No matter what it takes."