Chapter 2

Has been edited

------------------------------------------------

It was the beginning of the week and I was upstairs in my room getting ready for school. I walked to school with my best friend Verity, her boyfriend Jacob, and Jasper. I was happy that Verity was dating Jacob not only because he made her happy, but he was the soon to be alpha. Which made Jasper the soon to be beta, and that means I got to hang out with Jasper all the time. The four of us walked to school together, we ate lunch together, and we also shared a lot of classes together. I was just waiting for the day that Jasper finally asked me out we aren't mates but it wouldn't hurt anyone if we were to date. I’ve always been jealous of Verity; she had two parents, and 8 loving older siblings. Her brothers and father were protective of her and her sisters and mother were always giving her advice and helping her get ready for dates. I don’t have that, my father is never home and when he is we don't talk. My brothers were always out and about doing whatever, and Anya was matedand had a baby on the way. I stayed over at Verity’s home so much that I was pretty much another child to her parents. They praised me when I got all A’s on my report card, they’d help me with my assignments. Her brothers teased me but they treated me like I was their sister. I actually felt like I had a family when I was with them. I spent so much time over her house, her brothers and Dad were redoing Verity’s eldest sister’s old room and making it mine. I felt so grateful that her family was so kind to me.

After brushing out my long dark hair, and placing a head band on I changed into my uniform which consisted of a white button up blouse, red flared skirt, black blazer, and whatever shoes you wanted to wear. Today I chose my favorite black sparkly converse. Grabbing my bag, I walk downstairs grabbing a breakfast bar, and walk outside. Jasper, Jacob, and Verity were already waiting for me.

“Good morning Symphony, how’s my best friend doing?” Verity asks linking our arms together. When we walked to school it was always a certain way. Verity and I would be in the middle; Jacob would be on Verity’s left holding her hand while Jasper would be on my right.

“Okay I guess, my insomnia is getting worse. I stayed up until 4:30.” I say shrugging.

“Doing what?” Jacob asks curiously.

“Baking, organizing, drawing.” I say shrugging, digging through my bag for the sweets I made. I don’t understand where my insomnia came from but for as long as I can remember I’ve never been able to go to sleep. I’ve always been one to stay up extremely late. Pulling out three boxes. I hand one to each of my friends.

“Mrs. Louison is so sweet. I can’t believe she lets you take home some recipes and dessert containers. I work at the boutique so all I do sort clothes, and work the cash register.” Verity says smiling. Since I enjoyed cooking so much I of course got a job at the bakery. Mrs. Louison is a sweet woman; she's also actually Jasper’s grandmother. Verity decided to work at her aunt’s boutique, she pretty much had the job the day she turned 12.

“I love working at the bakery, even when I don’t have to work I still go to the bakery just to talk with Mrs. Louison. She often starts food fights when her husband comes in and begins eating the cupcakes.” I explain smiling.

“That’s grandma and grandpa for you. For as long as I can remember anytime grandpa did something that ticked grandma off she’s throw some type of food item at him. I remember one time I was helping her make a cake for Zixi’s birthday and grandpa kept liking the icing off the cake. She threw flour at him, and next thing I know the three of us are covered in flour.” Jasper says laughing. I enjoyed going over Jasper’s home but I never had the guts to ever ask him to hang out alone it's was always when Jacob and Verity were over. Of course Verity knew I had a major crush on Jasper and how I wished he’d ask me to be his girlfriend, she's  always trying to help me out.