The Unfinished Puzzle

I quickly pulled open the door and slammed it behind me just in time; the man was only inches behind me. There was a lock on the door so I frantically locked it too. I looked around and realised that I was in a long corridor and not a cupboard under the stairs. I listened for the man (or whatever it was) but I couldn't hear him anymore again. I let out a sigh of relief and looked at the map and saw that it had changed! Now, it just said 'Walk forward in a straight line' in big writing.

  I decided to just do what the map said so I started to slowly walk forward. It looked like a pretty normal corridor, apart from the fact that it was now illuminated by about twenty lit torches. I kept on walking but then I stopped. I was at the end of it.

  "What the?" I said to myself. The end wall was made out of an unfinished puzzle. "Hmmm" I quietly said as I tried to work it out. The whole wall was covered in a puzzle of a man walking his dog. I didn't really know it was a man by his face, as the one puzzle piece that was missing was his face, I knew it from the clothes he wore. He wore a black suit for a male. The puzzle wall was basically finished, but the missing piece was nowhere to be seen. I looked down at the map to see if it had changed or not. It had. Now it said 'Look'.
"Oh, it means look for the missing puzzle piece I guess."

  I strolled back town the torch-lit corridor to look for the piece. I looked on the floor very closely, as the piece was very small, and I still couldn't see it anywhere. I was about halfway through the corridor and then I heard something. It sounded like some kind of a thudding noise.

  I stopped and listened some more, and then I realised where it was coming from. The door. He was going to try and break it down! My heart was literally almost coming out of my chest as the thudding noise turned into a full on cracking noise. The door was going to break at any moment! Then there was one more earsplitting 'CRACK', and then silence. All that could be heard now was the door slowly creaking open...