Crocodiles Or Alligators

I didn't want to look up. I knew I would just see his sinister smile. Instead I pretended not to notice his hands on my shoulders, and I just looked at the finished puzzl - 'Umm, what the?' It had gone! There was just an oak door there. Without thinking, I burst through it and roughly shut it behind me.

  Unfortunately, this time it didn't have a lock, so I just held it shut until I heard the man teleport away with a 'Whoosh'. I heard water sounds coming from somewhere but I didn't care right now, and I sunk down onto the old wooden floor and gathered all of my thoughts together - 'Right, I can't take any more of this. But if I want to get out of this ridiculous place, I need to keep moving forward. What if the map doesn't even lead out of this place? Wait, I need to check the map don't I?'

  I looked at the map and it said - 'Walk across the bridge'. I saw the bridge straight away and went towards it, after listening one more time to make sure the man had definitely gone. I looked at the bridge and noticed three things about it.

  Firstly, I noticed that the bridge looked extremely old and fragile. Secondly, I saw where the water sounds were coming from earlier; there was a river underneath the bridge. 'This is the weirdest house ever' I thought. And thirdly, there were crocodiles or alligators (I couldn't tell which) in the river.

  I settled with crocodiles. "Yay, I just love crocodiles!" I said sarcastically. I was having second thoughts about this 'Keep moving forward' thing I thought a few minutes ago. The map buzzed so I curiously looked at it. It read 'Walk across the bridge, or swim to the other side. Your choice ;)' I sighed as I made my first step on the bridge... CRUNCH!