Blind Spot

Thud! I woke up suddenly. There was a streak of light on the bed. I was a bit confused but I then realised that there was a gap in the curtain, and the streak I saw was just the early morning sunlight coming through. Birds outside were singing merrily.

  I looked down to where the noise came from and saw Jayla. She had fallen of the bed. "Umm, - giggle - Jayla? Are you okay?" I said, trying my best not to giggle again.
  "Wha- ouch, my head. Why am I on the floor? Oh." She blushed. "Did I fall off the bed by any chance?"
  "Yeah, sort of I said" I couldn't help it. I giggled. She frowned at me but then started giggling too. Soon, we were both laughing and had to stop because our stomachs were hurting.

  I started to feel a bit hungry. I checked the wall clock and it said it was 7:30am. "I'm a bit hungry. How about you Jayla?"
  "Yeah, let's go and get some breakfast. After that, we need to think of a plan" she replied.
  "Okay" I said as my stomach growled.

  We slowly walked down the spiralling staircase and went into the black and white kitchen.
  "Hmm... What do you want for breakfast Amber?" Jayla asked me.
  "Maybe some toast... Wait, do you have Pop Tarts?" I said hopefully.
  "Yeah, I have Raspberry, Chocolate, Banana, Strawberry or Apricot?"
  "Could I have some Raspberry ones please?" I asked.
  "Of course" she replied, smiling at how eager I was. Jayla chose the Chocolate ones.

  We put them in the toaster and waited. Pop! They popped up. We quickly put the hot Pop Tarts on a plate each and sat down at the kitchen table. The surface was black marble and the chairs were glass. It was a very pretty kitchen. I bit into my Pop Tart. "Ouch ouch ouch!" I exclaimed. The Pop Tart was VERY hot. I got a glass of water and cooled my mouth.

  "So, do you have any idea how we are going to say the words to the Rylo Man?" I asked while waiting for my Raspberry Pop Tarts to cool down.
  "Well... I think that the only thing we can do is to try and sneak up on him" she said.
  "Won't he see us though? I mean, he isn't really human so..."
  "Apparently the Rylo Man has a blind spot. If we sneak up DIRECTLY behind him, we should be able to say the words to him. He can hear everything apart from right behind him, but it is very risky. VERY. If we go slightly to the left or right, he can hear and see you straight away so we have to be very careful" she said.

  "Okay, let's go upstairs and plan it" I said, getting a little excited and scared at the same time.
  "Yeah, but first, let's eat our breakfast".
  "Oh, okay!" I said as I bit into my Pop Tart again... "Ouch!"