Cold Hands

I backed up against the dusty wall as the man walked inside. Luckily, he didn't see me. I stood frozen to the spot... But so did he. 'Huh?' I thought. 'Why isn't he moving?' Then, I felt the map do a weird buzzy thing so I looked down at it.

  The map had changed again! It now said... 'Oh no' I thought, panicking. The Map just said 'The man is holding the missing puzzle piece. Take it.' I read the last part and slowly looked up. Yep, there he was. In the same place as last time but he held his hand hand up. I wasn't going up to him in a million years.

  As I thought that however, the map buzzed again. This time it just said 'Take it, or it will take you' in big red writing. My heart sunk as I realised that there was no backing out of this now. I had to go and take it.

  I took slow steps towards him. My heart was racing, 'What if this is all a trap? What if he's going to take me when I go up to him anyway? What if he -' I was cut off my thoughts by another noise.

  It was a quick 'whoosh' noise, like the wind in the trees. It was the sound of the man teleporting forward. 'Wait, if the man could teleporting, then why did he need to break the door down? Meh, probably just trying to scare me and let's face it, it worked'

  I kept walking forward and he kept teleporting until we were face to face. I saw the tiny piece in his hand, and it was pure white. I cautiously reached out my shaking hand and took it form him. His hands were cold, and when I took it he chuckled. 'So creepy' I thought.

  I backed up. I checked the map - 'Finish the puzzle' I took a few more steps backwards, not taking my eyes of the man, untill he made that teleporting noise and went away.

  I sighed and turned around to see the puzzle. It had changed! Now it just had... Wait... Is that... Me? The puzzle had me on it! And... Who was that behind me? I looked at the map again and it still just said 'Finish the puzzle'.

  I put the white puzzle piece where the person head behind me in the puzzle was supposed to be and then froze as I realised that it was the man in the puzzle. His pale face. His hands on my shoulders. Smiling his demonic smile. Looking down at me. Then I heard a whoosh and felt cold hands on my shoulders...