v

a/n: sorry about the angst in this chapter. we will just get through this hump but trust this author since difficult moments can build character. 

anyways, the truth will set you free....

--

The movie with Taehyung was awfully boring to Kim.

He had picked out some weird arthouse film in French. 

It bothered her how one of the French actors looked like a European version of her deliveryman Jin. Her deliveryman? She shook her head as she felt she was becoming a crackhead.

"Aish! Taehyung I'm tired and it's late. Let's go home," Kim groaned as they exited out of the theater.

"Very well," Taehyung reluctantly agreed as they walked side by side, "They should be done by now."

"They?"

"Yes, as in mom and dad doing-"

"Ok! I don't want to know anymore details about that," Kim sighed, "I just want to see father. I have to speak to him."

"Are you going to whine again about not getting enough BTS fan meeting tickets this fall?" Taehyung grumpily replied.

"No! You're too young to know these things, but what I have to share with father is very important. Like BTS levels of important!"

"Everyone in the house already knows about your BTS levels and when your menstrual cycle periods begins and ends," he replied nonchalantly. 

"Ugh," Kim frowned, "Now I'm reminded of why you're lonely and have no friends. Even if you are decent looking, for a potato head."

"Well is this about Uncle Yoongi then?"

"Hmmm," Kim looked away.

"You really shouldn't bother Uncle Yoongi."

"Huh? Why is that?!" Kim whipped her head to stare Taehyung down.

He gulped under challenging gaze, "I-I just feel sorry for him. He's a lonely man who needs family around him more than ever."

"You go feel sorry for him in a dumpster then!"

"You don't remember when we were babies? Uncle Yoongi was your favorite family member and he loved giving you airplane rides on his back and calling you Miss South Korea," Taehyung laughed at the last part, "And he said that you're like the daughter he always wished he could raise. You used to even call him papa but dad got jealous and-"

As Taehyung spoke Kim didn't listen as she noticed a suspicious figure up the distance on the busy street they were walking on. A figure in very familiar white track-pants with a vertical dark blue stripe on its side and his face covered by a black cough mask.

"Taehyung, you should go home," Kim pushed him aside.

"What but mother would be angry if I let you walk by yourself," Taehyung replied with worry.

"Fuck mom," Kim pushed him aside and ran off into the downtown area.

"Well damn," Taehyung felt speechless as he reluctantly headed back home.

-

Kim trailed behind Uncle Yoongi a safe distance. She noticed the further she followed him the more she found herself in a sketchy part of town where drinking places, gambling, drugs were sold and plentiful motels aligned the street.

She watched Uncle Yoongi at a safe distance as he nervously shuffled inside a convenience store to buy cigarettes and six pack of beers. When he exited she stood next to a bar and watch him go into the motel entrance right next to the place.