My Best Poem Ever

Countdown #7

So first off I wrote a poem earlier that while from the perspective of my OC show my view on basically my place in society as a whole and how I choose to deal with that. Only it uses my OC's gender expression at the end. So I'm going to be posting it I'm going to give a little background on my OC.

My OC is called Ren Wilson. Majority of the characters I roleplay as are called that because it's a secondary preferred name of mine. Some situations I prefer to be called Carter. It's a simple manly name which says I'm here, I'm a man and I'm me.

Ren says something different. Ren says. I am comfortable with the fluidity of my own gender. I am a man but even so, I am a man who enjoys feminine things. I am a man who has a cross-dressing Instagram because I want to show that men can wear girly things. I am a man who bends the concept of manhood, while still existing inside of it. I am whoever I choose to be.

These are very different ideas I convey through my name on which I am feeling like currently. I don't have multiple personalities disorder or anything else it's just that to the general public I am Carter. I give no one any reason to question who I am. But to some certain people who I choose because they are close and accepting I am Ren. It's sharing a piece of myself that most people don't get to see.

Granted just because you are using one of my names doesn't mean you see that side of me. Just cause you know I have this name and you use it doesn't make it so.

But Well. This is a poem I wrote for Ren.

Morbidity of Rejection to the Happiness of Acceptance.

When the roads in front seem so wrought with thorns

To rip away what you have built, using anger and scorn.

Many people travel and navigate with ease.

They don't seem to have trouble to appease

I could choose a way.

Give up my free say.

Agree and obey.

Let the darkness consume.

Live in the gloom.

I could give in.

I could give up.

But hold on let's backup.

Perhaps as others run

I can just say I'm done.

Find myself a new path.

One without so much wrath

While others tend the thorns

I will build a new path without hate.

Whether you are left or right there you have the trait

The trait of hate that cannot be.

Or you'll never be free.

But in my dress and a smile with my own name.

I refuse to play your game.

With no shame.

IDK I probably sound crazy.