Part 1 - Jughead

"Higher next time! Go higher!" Archie and I were each holding one of Jellybean's hands swinging her high into the sky as we walked home. 

Archie gave a low, gruff laugh as she squealed with delight. "Okay, that's enough Lil' Bean." I said stopping to pant over-dramatically. 

"Weakling." Jellybean teased and pulled her hand out of mine. "Yeah, sorry Jug. Going to have to agree with Jellybean on that one." Archie gave me a sneaky grin.

"Gee, sorry I don't look like you Beefcake." I frowned at them before leaping forward to tickle my little sister. "No! Stop, stop!" 

Jellybean squealed again running out of the way. I began to chase her, but Archie scooped her into a piggy-back and ran off.

"Faster Arch!" I heard Jellybean call out to Archie. As I ran after them I made sure to save these memories of freedom and fun and burn them into my mind. 

It was moments like these that I was so damn happy that Jellybean was still a carefree kid. No worries about her terrible dad or broke mom and especially no worries about what her future was going to be.

I finally reached Archie's house to find Jellybean and Archie sitting on the steps licking ice-creams. "Where's mine?" I complained sitting next to Jellybean.

"You're were too slow, so none for you." Archie said, smiling. "We'll see about that." I muttered and grabbed Jellybean's ice-cream. 

"Hey!" Jellybean reached for it, but I pulled it out of reach from her. I ate some of it before handing it back to her.

"You're such a pig." She elbowed me in the side before eating the ice-cream more quickly. 

"Guys!" Archie's dad, Fred Andrews, yelled out. "Come pick pizza!" 

We all scrambled for the door, our shoes squeaking and scraping against the floor.