Chapter 10 - Archie

I dialled Jughead's number again the morning after he left the hospital, to no avail. "Goddamn it Jughead." I muttered to myself.

I was worried about him and Jellybean, but hopefully their mom was taking care of them. Finally it was around 11 in the morning when Jughead texted me.

'Can I come over?'  The text read, which was odd because normally he just showed up, but I replied as quick as I could.

'Sure. C U soon.'  I waited anxiously by the front door awaiting his arrival. I heard the doorbell and immediately swung open the door with a smile.

Jughead was looking solemn. "Arch..." He mumbled with a weak smile. "C-can.." He paused and gulped which made me even more worried.

"Can we talk outside?" He looked at me and his breathing was interrupted. "Hey of course. I'm here for you."

I joined him outside in the sticky summer air and shut the door behind me. "After we got back from the hospital, I told my mom w..what happened and..." Jughead stammered and shut his eyes tight. 

"They're gone Archie!" Jughead burst into tears putting his head in his hands. We'd known each other all our lives and I'd only seen him cry twice before. 

Once when he had cracked his head open on the concrete and the other when his dad got arrested for the first time.

This was a rare occurrence and I didn't know what to do. "Jug." I placed my arm around him. "I don't know what I did wrong Arch." He cried. "My mom hates me and I'm never going to see Jellybean again!"

"She doesn't hate you Jug..." I muttered, my brows furrowed. "Well she sure doesn't love me." He sniffed and brushed away his tears.

"I'm sure she does Jug, okay?" I tried to comfort him. Jughead took a deep breath, he wasn't okay, but he wasn't crying anymore. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do Archie."

Jughead sighed heavily and put his head in his hands again. "I-I can't live with my dad. He won't do anything...he'll just come home drunk and we'll be homeless if he doesn't pay the rent."

I was confused so I said, "That shouldn't be too hard if he payed it before your mom left." I already felt terrible everytime I mentioned Jughead's parents. I knew things could never be the same.

"That's the thing, Archie. My..my dad never payed them. It was always my mom." Jughead didn't sound sad, he sounded angry. He gave a shout of anger and hit the porch steps with his foot.

"Jug. You're still okay bro. You're in Riverdale, you haven't gone anywhere." I tried to reassure him, but I made it worse.

" I don't care about being in Riverdale, Archie! I want my family!" Jughead almost began crying again, but instead ran off.

"Jug!" I raced after him, but I had never seen him run for this long and this quickly. After about fifteen minutes of running, jogging and panting I realised where he was going.

"I can't take it Archie!" Jughead ran into the bus station. "I need a one way ticket to Toldedo." He told the cashier.

"No you don't Jug." I muttered heavily walking up behind him. "Your mom won't make you happy." 

"How old are you?" The cashier said in monotone voice. "I'm 14..." He said hesitantly.

"Sorry, but you must be 16 or older to leave without parental approval." The cashier announced not sounding sorry at all. Jughead began to stutter. "No...no, no you don't get it. My mom is in Toledo."

"Sorry kid. No parent, no ticket." Jughead was fuming and I was honestly a little worried. He slammed his hand on the table.

"Out kid." The cashier looked angry and glared at me. "Both of ya'!" We both quickly stumbled out and Jughead looked like he was going to break down again.

"I hate her. I hate her! I HATE HER!" He yelled and tears of anger sprang to his eyes. Jughead looked straight at me and in that moment, I knew it.

He had given up.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hey guys! I'm so happy that I've gotten feedback on this story, but I think the next chapter will be the last. I may make another Riverdale story, but I do also want to focus on my other stories after this one so make sure to check them out! I'll mainly be working on Beginning without a goal. Anyways thank you so much for reading!