New Day

I woke to the sound of an annoying alarm clock that Aunt Sarah had put in my room. I flopped over to my side and opened one eye to look at the time. six O'clock. I laid there for about a half a minute before I jolted wide away remembering. I jumped out of bed, tripping on the comforter that laid half way on the floor. I scrambled back to my feet rushing toward the closet where I had put all my clothes. 

"Alyssa, are you okay?" I head Aunt Sarah call from down stairs. 

"Uh, yeah.. yeah I am fine... um just trying to find some clothes for school!" I hollared back. 

I heard her walking up the stairs and then stop at my door. 

"Can I come in for a minute?" I heard her ask through the closed door.

"Um sure." I replied.

She opened the door slowly and handed me a box wrapped in pretty purple wrap with pink ribbon on top. "Here, we need to take you shopping but I thought I'd pick something out for you for your first day of school. I tried to pick an outfit that would help you fit in with the other kids here." 

Wow, she got me an outfit! "Aww thanks Aunt Sarah."

"Open it. If you don't like it, I can return it and get you a credit at the store I got it from."

I took the box from her hands and went and sat at the edge of my bed. I carefullly opened the present and opened the lid to the box. Inside was a pretty purple pullover with a pink tank top and some light washed ripped bootcut jeans. 

"Thank you Aunt Sarah. I love it, it's perfect!" 

"Your welcome Alyssa, I am going to go downstairs and make some more coffee and some waffles. Go ahead and get ready and I will meet you downstairs."

As she left the room I grabbed my new clothes and my shower items and makeup and quickly walked to the bathroom.

After I had showered, blow dried my hair and pulled it back into a loose ponytail, I quickly got dressed and put on some mascara and lip gloss. I grabbed my backpack and my Converse and headed for the kitchen. 

"Want some coffee?" Aunt Sarah asked as I walked into the kitchen. 

"sure, just a little bit" I replied as I sat down in front of my plate of waffles covered in fresh strawberries.

As soon as I finished breakfast Sarah and I left the house and headed to school. 

When we pulled up to the school Sarah asked if I wanted her to walk me in and I told her I would be fine. Then she told me how to get to the office in the school before telling me good bye and good luck.

"I will see you after school. Are you ok to walk home? I have to work a bit later today but I should be home by five thirty or six tonight and I will bring dinner home"

"yeah, I will be fine." I figured even though she lived on the edge of town, it was a small enough town where I could walk. 

As I walked up to the doors of the school, I noticed a few people looking at me, probably wondering who I was. I pulled open the doors and walked down the long hall to the office. As I walked up to the lady sitting at the desk I gave her my paperwork and she smiled and introduced herself as "Mrs. Popler" She then gave me my class schedule and directed me to my home room class. Just as I was about to enter the room, I heard a somewhat familiar voice right behind me. 

"Hi Alyssa, looks like I get to see you first thing this morning." 

I turned around to see Matt smiling at me. I think I forgot to speak or move or do anything, because he lightly chuckled at me giving me a funny look.

"Oh, uh hi Matt." i quickly and shyly replied, feeling my face grow red. "So this is your home room also?" 

"Yep, and boy am I glad it is now." he replied giving me a flirty look before holding the door for me. 

*********** Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy it so far. I will try and update as often as possible. Please Vote and leave comments about what you think of the story. Thanks! picture I posted is the high school where Matt and Alyssa attend******************