FOUR

❨𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓❩Hitchhiking Tozier

❨𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓❩
Hitchhiking Tozier

I pushed past everyone to help him up. My arm extended out, beckoning him to grab my hand.  He gratefully took it. As I bent down to help pull him up my head spun, the sudden feeling of nausea taking over. My arms felt like jelly, falling to my sides, Ben slipping back into the creek. "Sorry!" I cried, trying to reach out again. Rose quickly grabbed me, pulling me back from the boy. Instead Richie extended his arms out, pulling the Hanscom boy up.

"You okay?" He asked, turning to me.

"Yeah im fine." I lied, nodding my head slightly. I didn't feel fine at all in fact I felt like I was about to pass out, the whole world spinning around me.

"You sure? You look really bad."

"Just what a girl wants to hear," I retorted, trying to take a step forward. Instead I fell, Richie quickly catching me. I wanted to push him off, do anything to get rid of his touch, but I couldn't. My muscles couldn't hold me up.  I felt dizzy and awful. Sure I've felt dizzy in school, but not to this extreme. I placed my head on Richies bony shoulder. My hand clung onto his Hawaiian button up for dear life.

"Guys!" I heard Richie yell to them. Rose sighed from beside me, her hand rubbing my arm.

"Oh gosh, fuck shes really malnourished." Eddie cried. "Uh when is the last time you ate?"

"Dinner last night, why?" I asked, my brown eyes peering up at his.

"I mean do you eat a lot? Or like ever, because this, this isn't good," he motioned to me and the ground. A small sigh escaped my lips.

"I mean I eat sometimes?" I tried. The only time I ever actually ate was at school, or a quick bowl of rice every day or so.

"Sometimes!?" Eddie cried. He paced slightly, "Here um Valerie did you ride your bike here?"

"N-No."

"Okay Richie let her ride with you."

"No-" I coughed, "no uh Rose can take me."

"Actually, I don't have an extra seat thing like Richie or Bill, so uh I can't." I shot her a glare. I internally groaned, or externally I couldn't tell, when Richie wrapped his arm around my waist. Rose did the same around my shoulders, the two of them steadying me to the bikes.

Richie sat down on his bike, scooting as forward as possible. Rose helped me on the back of his bike.

"Hold on tight." He said to me. My hands wrapped around his waist, squeezing it as tightly as I could. I found my head resting on his shoulder, my eyes fluttering shut. He kicked off the ground and sped after Bill, who was carrying Ben. I hummed Do Re Mi from the Sound of Music, as the wind rippled around me. The summer sun beat down on me, baking into my pale skin. I let myself enjoy the wind whipping through my hair. For a moment I had completely forgot that I was holding onto Richie Tozier, that was until he spoke.