NINE

▶Bills Projector

Bills Projector

After I preformed my parents showed up and rushed me home. When we got home my brother was caught stealing food. Lets just say he was punished.

It was 6 in the morning when I awoke do to a knock on the door. I groggily sat up and headed to the door. Rose stood in the hallway, her hair placed in a low ponytail (though since she had curly hair it stuck up everywhere.

When I opened the door she stifled a laugh. I glared at her.

"What." I asked quietly.

"Nothing. Nothing I swear." She said. I shushed her. She quickly closed her mouth. I ushered her into her room.

"Okay what are you doing here Rose? And how did you get in my house? "
I crossed my arms over my chest giving her a pointed look.

"Okay, I came to get you and I may have took a key from your bag last week. "

"Why at 6?"

"I thought it would be fun, plus I couldn't sleep."She shrugged. I sighed.

"Okay, let me get ready." I told her tugging a sweatshirt over my head. I glance in the mirror and realization struck me. "Seriously Rose." I groaned turning around to face her. She was laughing at my hair, which had stuck up in several places and was severely knotted.

"What its not my fault you look stupid. " She argued. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Are you almost ready?" Rose complained 30 minutes later. I had spent 20 minutes brushing out my hair and I had finally gotten it to where I wanted it.

"Im ready now." I answered grabbing a backpack from the corner of my room. She closes her opened mouth and stands up from my bed, which she had been sitting on mumbling curses of annoyance.

We both carefully step down the hall making sure not to fall or make a noise that would wake someone up. I tip toe down the steps and grip onto the hand rail to make sure I don't fall. Once my bare feet hit to the bottom of the steps I release a breath I didn't know I was even holding.

A light thud comes from behind me. My heart leaped into my throat hoping it wasn't my parents. I turn around slowly. Rose was shakily standing up.

"You okay?" I asked her. She nodded. We both proceeded out the door and into the humid morning air. "Where are we going?" I asked her. She didn't say anything but motioned for me to follow her. I sighed but followed.

I was still unsure of where we are headed. I knew it was on Jackson street. Rose stopped in front of house.

"7:30." Rose stated looking at her watch." Were thirty minutes early."

"Well no shit, nobody's even awake right now." I exclaimed quietly. Rose rolled her brown eyes.

"Oh, Valerie sweetie, Bills awake." Rose told me sarcastically. She gestured to the house, who's driveway we were standing on.