SIXTEEN

▶️the raincoat I crouched behind a rather large pile of toys

▶️the raincoat
I crouched behind a rather large pile of toys. My breathing was ragged as I watched the scene unfold. Mike angrily shoved a pole down the clowns throat, charred hands grew out of the clowns wide. Mikes eyes widened before Stan picked up some type of pipe off the ground, hitting the clown as hard as he could. I shuddered as the clown attacked all of my friends, coming at each of them one by one. The women's face from earlier appeared, Stan screamed wacking the lady as hard as he could. The clown now even more angry sprouted legs, eight to be exact. It came charging at Mike. The black boy hit the disturbed creature. I saw Ben charge at the clown from behind as It attempted to stab Mike with its large, I don't even know what they are called, but Ben took a knife and stuck it right into its back, creating a blackish blood to squirt out of the ugly thing. I ran out besides Rose, who had a rather large sword of some sort in her hands. I remembered the broom I had earlier. I rushed to the corner to grab it, trying to stay out of the way of the scene. Bill flung a chain at the clown, releasing its hold on Ben. Thats when I saw my chance. I hit the clown in the back of the head as hard as my small body would allow. The clown whipped its head around and snarled its barred. I let out a scream before ducking and smacking Its legs. It stumbled to the ground, crawling on its hands and knees. I breathed heavily as I threw the broom down to the side. The clowns head violently retched. Not wanting to get whatever was gonna come out on the other end of Its mouth I slowly backed up. It ended up turning to face Eddie, it's once clown like face now replaced with a sickly one. It opened its mouth and vomited all over Eddie, the blackish green liquid coating the boy in a thick layer.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Eddie screeched glocking the clown in the face. It toppled over before turning its head into Beverlys father. I shuddered hoping it wouldn't have my awful parents heads pop out of its.

"Hey Bevvy are you still my gir-" it started but didn't finish due to Bev wacking her hybrid clown father in the face.

"Yes bitch." Rose cheered. Bev smiled quickly before shoving a pole down Its throat. I carefully watched as the face of her father was slowly peeled away, the clowns white paint creeping up the sides until Alvin Marsh's face was completely replaced with the clowns. It coughed, the pole flying out.

"Fuck." I whispered taking a small step back. My body hit Richies, I could tell because he grabbed my shoulders to steady me.

"Oh shit." Eddie mumbled. I watched as the clown crawled back, It looked scared. It's eyes were trembling while it examined all of us. I resisted the urge to smile as it revolted violently against the edge of the well. Bill took a couple small steps forward.

"That's why you didn't kill Beverly, cause sh-she wasn't afraid. And we aren't either, not anymore, now your the one who's afraid, because your gonna starve ." Bill told it calmly. My breath was hitched in my throat as I awaited what would happen next. The clown flipped backwards into the well. It's boney , glove covered hands gripped the edge of the well. The clown muttered under its breath. Stanley handed Bill a pipe, which he gladly took. I watched as Bill held the pipe up ready to swing. He didn't even need to though because the clowns head started flaking off in pieces.

"Fear." It whispered before jolting down into the well. I ran to the edge of the well. The clown was gone, nothing was left of It except all of the kids toys and coats piled up in the sewer. I glanced around looking at all of the forgotten items. Centuries of toys, and bikes were stacked up a mile high. I noticed a peek of bright yellow in the corner. Carefully approaching it I picked up the tarnished raincoat.

"Oh Bill." I murmured. I heard a gasp from a female. I glanced over to see everyone's eyes on me. Bills eyes watered with tears threatening to spill. "I'm sorry." I told him, tears pricking at my eyes. He gently took the raincoat from my hands. His hands trembled as his fingers traced the words George Denbrough. Richie gently pulled me into his side as all of us sat next to Bill. I rested a comforting hand on Bills knee as he cried. My body hurt, my eyes ached of tears while my body collapsed into Richie. Richie gently rubbed his thumb along my arm. We stayed still, non moving, United. Together we comforted Bill within the dark, damp sewer of Derry Maine.

It has not been over a year, oh my gosh. I apologize for sticking with me and I'm hoping to finish this book before the year is over, fingers crossed. Anyways I thank all of you for reading Do Re Mi. :)