7

After inviting Mason, who knew all about the supernatural now, Veronica walked up to the Devenford Prep Lacrosse Field alongside Mason and Veronica, "Hey, Veronica. I forgot to tell you thanks for doing me that great favor and turning at the school. It made it so much easier to explain everything to Mason." Liam thanked her.

A frown appeared on Veronica's lips as she turned to Liam, "Liam, that wasn't me. I haven't turned into a wolf at all in months." She confessed and Liam gave her a concerned look.

Not wanting to worry the girl anymore, Liam shook his head, "You know what? It was nothing. Forgot I ever said anything." He told her and Veronica slowly nodded.

As they approached the lacrosse field, Veronica smiled when she saw Brett playing lacrosse with some of his teammates. Once he got the ball, Brett ran toward the goal and scored his ball. He slightly smiled as he placed his lacrosse stick over his shoulders, noticing Mason, Liam, and Veronica standing together near the bleachers, "So, he's a werewolf, too?" Mason asked curiously.

"Yup," Liam replied, not sounding too happy as he crossed her arms over his chest.

Mason smiled brightly at this revelation, "This just gets better and better." He commented and Veronica couldn't help but laugh.

Veronica smiled, patting Mason on the back, "Oh, Mason, you don't even know the half of it." She replied.

__________

Once his practice was over, Brett walked over to the three teenagers. Liam held out his phone so Brett could see the picture he had of Tracy, "Cute. But never seen her," Brett told them before turning away from them to put all of his lacrosse gear away in his bag.

"Could Satomi have turned her without you knowing?" Veronica spoke up curiously.

Brett stopped packing away his gear and looked up at Veronica after hearing her question, "After the Deadpool, Satomi isn't doing much recruiting," Brett informed her.

Veronica turned her head to see Mason seemed amazed by it all, "So that's how it works? Alpha werewolves going around biting people?" Mason asked, amazed with all that he had been finding out during the past few days.

"Pretty much." Veronica nodded, answering the boy's question.

"Or you can be born like Veronica, me, or my sister. Satomi took my sister and I in after our parents died in a fire." Brett explained to Mason before turning to Veronica, "The offer still stands for Friday night, you in?"

Veronica immediately looked up, noticing the curious look Mason was giving her. She quickly turned to Brett, "I'll, uh, think about it." She answered before turning to Liam, who held his phone in his hand. Veronica frowned when she looked down at Tracy's picture to see a familiar necklace on Tracy's neck, "Can I see this?" She asked Liam as she snatched the phone from his hand.

Veronica zoomed in on the piece of jewelry to get a better look at it before she let out a small gasp, "Guys, I think I found something." She informed the group.

_________

It was nighttime and Liam, Veronica, Brett, and Liam walked through the woods together, in search of the hole Veronica had fallen into just a few nights before, "You sure you know where you're going, Veronica?" Liam asked Veronica, a concerned look on his face.

"Like I told you the last time you asked, I know where I'm going," Veronica replied, annoyed.

"So do I," Brett spoke up as he gestured his hands to the woods around them, "The middle of nowhere."

"You know what, Brett? You better--" Veronica was about to finish her insulting sentence as she walked with the group, only to suddenly fall right into a hole, "Are you kidding me? Again!" Veronica groaned in annoyance as she looked up at the three boys, who stood around the hole, looking down at her, "I think I found the hole."

Liam and Brett both shared a glance before Liam decided to speak up, "You see the necklace you were talking about?" He asked curiously.

Veronica sighed as she used her glow her red eyes to get a better look around. She ended up finding nothing there, "No," She replied, shaking her head, "I don't see it."

Veronica continued to look up at them, waiting for them to move out of the way so she could climb out, "Need help out?" Brett offered, smiling as he held out his hand for her to take.

Veronica didn't need help, but decided to take his hand anyway. As Veronica was pulled out of the hole, she noticed Mason kneeling next to the whole, looking a bit confused, " Veronica, I thought you said this was a sinkhole?" He told her confused.

"It's a hole, what's the difference?" Veronica asked with a shrug of her shoulder as the four teenagers knelt down near the hole.

"I mean, look at all these handprints and look at all this dirt." He pointed out and Veronica nodded, finally noticing what he was talking about.

"She didn't fall in here..." Brett realized.

"She was buried," Veronica stated, finishing Brett's sentence.

Mason nodded as he continued to look down at the hole, "Intense," Mason commented.

Veronica tried her hardest not to laugh at this, his comments seeming to get better and better as he hung out with the pack more.

___________

"Dammit! Why isn't it here?" Veronica asked annoyed as she frantically searched through the hole as Brett, Mason, and Liam just outside the hole, looking down at the girl.

"She probably came back for it," Brett told her as he crossed his arms over his chest.

As she was about to get out of the hole, Brett offered his hand, but Veronica shook her head before she jumped out of it without any help, "Guys, I don't think this is the one." She realized as she began to glance around at her surroundings.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked the female Alpha confused.

"The hole from the other night wasn't this far away from the bridge. This is a totally different hole." She explained to them quietly.

"Then, who crawled out of this one?" Mason asked her.

"I don't know," Veronica shrugged, "But something tells me we're going to find out soon enough."