10

After splitting up from Liam and Mason, Veronica was making her way to the bar when she saw Hayden arguing with Hayden, "You remember I have to pay for these out of my own pocket, right?" Hayden scoffed as the bartender took one of the shots and...

  After splitting up from Liam and Mason, Veronica was making her way to the bar when she saw Hayden arguing with Hayden, "You remember I have to pay for these out of my own pocket, right?" Hayden scoffed as the bartender took one of the shots and drank it without a care in the world.

"Yep." He replied, nodding his head as he took yet another shot.

"Yeah, that's great, Phil," Hayden told him annoyed, "You just stay back there getting drunk as usual." 

 Hayden rolled her eyes as Phil placed his hand out, "Steady as a rock." He replied.

 As she went to walk away, Hayden had a sad look on her face, "I'm never going to make enough." Hayden admitted sadly.

 As she turned away from the bar, Veronica was suddenly standing in front of her, "What?" She asked annoyed and Veronica only smiled at her as she dug into her pocket and began to search for her money.

"How much did those cost?" Veronica asked curiously.

"What?" Hayden replied, looking at the girl confused.

"How much did those drinks cost? The ones that that asshole drank?" Veronica repeated her question as she went into her wallet and took out a hundred dollar bill. She smiled once more as she walked closer. Veronica noticed that Hayden didn't have pockets and instead placed the hundred in the waistband of her pants,"Take it."

"What?" Hayden asked confused as she looked down at the hundred dollar bill sticking out of the waistband of her shorts, "Why?"

"I am sick of guys being assholes to girls. Us girls have to stick together. And it wasn't fair that he drank those when you have pay for those yourself." Veronica explained to her confidently.

 A smile formed on Hayden's lips when she noticed that Veronica was actually doing this out of the goodness of her heart,"I don't know what to say," Hayden replied, "Thanks so much, I owe you."

 Veronica shook her head, "You don't owe me anything." She argued before walking away.

 Veronica walked over to where Brett was sitting with Mason, "So how come you never told me?" Veronica asked, looking down at Brett with her arms crossed.

"Tell you what?" Brett asked, clearly oblivious to what she was getting at.

"That you're bi like me," Veronica replied annoyed, "We talked to each other nearly every day over the summer and you told me so much stuff yet you never bothered to tell me that?" 

Brett shrugged, "It slipped my mind." 

"Wait, wait, wait," Liam spoke up as he approached the group, clearly hearing their conversation, "I thought you hated him." He pointed to Brett, who just smiled as he downed a shot.

"It was a dislike," Veronica corrected him, "We're good now. We're actually friends surprisingly."

Liam seemed shocked by this revelation while Mason smiled up at her. As Liam began to speak to her, Veronica's attention when she smelt the familiar scent of a supernatural being around her. It wasn't coming from Liam or Brett, who was right next to her, it was coming from someone else. The kind of supernatural being was unknown to her and it smelt odd. Suddenly, everything zoned out for her and all she could hear was someone's footsteps.