24

Scott stood in front of the sink in his bathroom. He took the rag off his wound to reveal it not healing one bit. He got angry and pounded his fist on the sink. Getting so angry, Scott growled under his breath as his eyes began to glow red. He screamed out in anger as he began to slam his hands down repeatedly.

  Veronica soon ran in and came to his aid, "Hey, hey, hey," She warned him as she grabbed his shoulder and turned his body to face her, "You'll get through this, you'll heal."

  Scott shook his head as he looked down at the ground, ashamed, "I lost them. I lost the whole pack and there's no way in getting them back." He stated quietly.

 Veronica sighed, using her hand to lift his head back up, "You'll get them back. I know it." She assured them with a small smile.

 Veronica turned around to face the mirror. She opened the cabinet and took out a gauze pad before closing it back up. Veronica turned toward Scott once more as she looked down and placed the gauze pad on his wound.

 Veronica clapped her hands together once she was done and smiled, "There," She told him, "All better."

"We better get going," Scott spoke up, "We need to get to the hospital."

Veronica nodded her head in agreement, "I'll meet you outside in a few. I have to get something from my room." 

"Okay," Scott replied before going into his room to pick up his two helmets for both himself and Veronica.

  Veronica walked into her room and searched for her phone. She lifted up the covers of her bed to find them there. She smiled to herself, "There it is."

 Veronica frowned when she heard a sudden crash on the ground in the hallway, "Scott?" Veronica called out, only to get no answer.

Worried, Veronica ran into the hallway to find Scott lying on the ground. Soon after arriving in the hallway, Parrish soon came with Lydia, who had been stuck in a frozen state, "Scott, wake up!" Veronica called out but didn't get an answer.

"What are we supposed to do?" Parrish asked concerned.

 Veronica let out a sigh as she turned back to Scott. She turned the male Alpha onto his back. She then grabbed him by the collar of his shirt before punching him in the face. Suddenly, Scott woke up, "I guess that works." Parrish stated before turning to Scott, who was starting to stand up, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Scott nodded his head, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You're bleeding," Parrish said concerned.

"It's not that bad," Scott assured him, "Why are you here?"

"I need your help," Parrish told both Alphas.

"With what?" Scott asked confused.

"I'm pretty sure it has something to do with her." Veronica moved out of the way to reveal Lydia standing there, not moving a single muscle. 

"I found her out in the woods..." Parrish trailed off, "Her body was freezing. She was practically hypothermic. But that wasn't even the worst part. It's a badge. A sheriff's badge."

"No," Scott shook his head as she glanced over at Veronica, "It's a warning."

_____________

Scott and Veronica pushed open the hospital door, allowing Parrish entrance into the hospital with Lydia in his arms, "Help!" Parrish shouted out, "Get someone to help me. Quick. I need help. I've got an eighteen-year-old female potentially hypothermic." He explained to the nurses.

  Scott and Veronica ran over to the elevator and entered it. Before pressing the button for the floor they needed to go on, Veronica looked over at Parrish, who nodded at both her and Scott.

  Veronica sighed as she walked forward pressed the button for the floor they needed to go on to find Stiles. As the elevator began to move up, Veronica turned to Scott, who was trying to cover the blood stain on his shirt with his jacket, "You okay?" Veronica asked him, a concerned look on his face.

 Scott kept his eyes closed as he nodded his head, "Yeah, I'm fine." He replied, but Veronica didn't believe him.

"I don't believe you," Veronica argued, grabbing his hand to take his pain. She winced at the sudden feeling of pain. Veronica's eyes were wide as she looked up at Scott, "Scott, that's a lot of pain. You need help. Let me take some of it." She told him as she grabbed his right hand and held it in both of hands. 

 Black veins started to appear on Veronica's arms as she took his pain. She closed her eyes as she did this, the pain almost unbearable. She knew that the next time she saw Theo, he would pay for all that he had done.

  Once arriving on the right floor, Scott grabbed Veronica's hand and held it in his as they walked onto the floor. They could see Stiles behind the closed double doors with Melissa and Dr. Geyer, "What do you mean you don't know? Two hours ago, he was fine. Now it looks like somebody took a baseball bat to his neck." Stiles asked them concerned.

 "There could've been some minor internal." Dr. Geyer informed him.

   "Did you say, 'Minor internal?'" Stiles questioned him, "Since when is anything internal minor?" 

   Scott and Veronica walked past Sheriff Stillinski's hospital room and sighed at the horrific sighed, "Stiles..." Melissa trailed off in warning.

 "I need to know what's going on with him, okay?" Stiles demanded, Dr. Geyer, somebody needs to tell me what's happening. Somebody needs to tell me what's happening to him!"

 "We don't know," Melissa admitted quietly.

 Stiles turned his head to see Veronica standing in front of his father's hospital room. He sighed, relieved that one of his friends was able to be there for him. His mood drastically changed when Veronica stepped back a bit to reveal Scott standing next to her.

 Angered by this, Stiles roughly pushed through the double doors and headed for Scott, "Stiles, no!" Veronica warned Stiles, but it was too late.

  Stiles grabbed Scott by the collar of his shirt and slammed him into the wall. Stiles then knocked Scott to the ground with him hovering over him, "Where were you?" Stiles asked him, "You trusted him. You believed him. Right, huh? So, where were you?"

"Hey, hey, hey..." Veronica warned Stiles as she and Melissa grabbed him by the arms and pulled him off of Scott.

"Where the hell were you!" Stiles shouted at him angrily.

 As Stiles went to lunge for Scott, Veronica step in front of him and placed her hand on his chest, pushing him back, "You need to calm down, Stiles," Veronica warned him.

"Okay, all right, all right," Stiles replied as he began to calm down, allowing Dr. Geyer and one of the deputies to let go of him.

  Veronica walked over to stand next to Scott, "Look, Stiles, your dad's not the only one who got hurt tonight." She told him and Stiles couldn't help but scoff at her.

"Oh, he'll heal," Stiles retorted, referring to Scott.

Scott looked down at the blood stain on his shirt and covered it, "She wasn't talking about me." Scott spoke up quietly as he sighed.