46

In the Beacon Hills preserve, Theo, Scott, and Liam walked throughout the trails, searching for the Dread Doctor's new operating theater. Liam, who knew Mason's scent best, followed behind. The three males knew they had a better shot a tracking Mason's scent instead of Veronica's since her scent had always been masked.

After a moment, Scott glanced over at Theo and gave him a knowing look, "Where is he?" Scott asked, referring to Deucalion and not Mason.

Theo knew who he was referring to, but decided to play dumb, "I thought we were looking for him and Veronica?" He replied in a calm tone, trying his hardest to steady his heart rate as he always did.

Scott sighed, "You know who I'm talking about." He argued sternly.

"Deucalion?" Theo questioned, not looking straight at Scott, but instead, in front of him.

"You shouldn't trust him," Scott warned him, but Theo didn't seem to care much.

"And you're the one who let him live," Theo commented with a sly smile on his face.

"I'm not a murderer," Scott argued with him.

Theo scoffed, "You still think you're gonna get through this without killing anyone? At least Veronica's willing to kill."

Scott gave him an angry look, "She's learned a better way. She knows that murder is not the answer."

Theo smirked, "You sure about that?" He questioned, causing Scott to give a confused look, "Ever wonder why you and the pack never saw that guy Kincaid ever again? He's buried around here somewhere, maybe even right under your feet. After you decided to let him go, Veronica killed him and buried the body with the help of the twins. She never told you that, did she?"

Scott clenched his jaw, keeping quiet, clearly not wanting to give Theo the satisfaction, "That's what I thought." Theo commented.

Just then, Liam stopped walking, causing the other two werewolves to stop also, "We're close." Liam informed them.

"You get his scent?" Scott asked concerned.

Liam nodded worriedly, but didn't say a word, which clearly gained Theo's interest, "Which way?" Theo questioned.

Liam glared at Theo before turning to Scott, clearly unwilling to trust him enough to share the information with him. When Theo realized what was going on, he scoffed again in frustration, "You think you're going to leave me behind?" Theo asked him, clearly mad about Liam's decision.

Liam continued to glare at Theo as he continued to stay silent. Scott glanced between the two of them before turning to Liam, "Liam..." He trailed off.

"Look, he wants to kill him," Liam paused, "Both of them--"

Before Liam could talk any further, Theo interjected, "I just want their power!" Theo argued, "You want to fight someone actually wants to kill them? Go fight Parrish."

Liam continued to glare at Theo, "Who did you see when you put on the mask?" He asked Theo, giving him a questioning look.

"I already told you, it wasn't Mason or Veronica," Theo answered his question impatiently.

"Who was it then?" Liam questioned concerned.

Theo sighed out, "I saw a man and a woman dying in the snow. The man was impaled on a spear. The girl seemed to be having the same exact effect from the spear, but there was nothing impaling her. It was like..." Theo trailed off as he glanced down at the ground, "It was like they were linked.

Scott's eyes widened in recognition and shock, "It's called a pike. Lydia told us the story. The man and woman were twins, that's why they were linked."