Armor

Melissa's POV:
This morning I woke up thinking about how angry I was. Maybe I said too much. Should I apologize? All I knew was their was a pit in my stomach that had to be fixed.

I stop at at cafe to grab some coffee and I was I was about to leave the cafe with my coffee, I see a crowd of paparazzi around my black Lexus, taking pictures of me.

"Melissa, are you dating anyone?"
"Melissa, how's Blake?"
"Melissa, witnesses say you were shouting at fellow costar Chris wood!"

Paparazzi yelled at me as I was rushing to my car. I quickly jump into my Lexus, and drive off to set. How did they find out about Chris and I yesterday? I have to deal with paparazzi everyday, mainly asking about my divorce or if I'm dating anyone new. It's annoying and frustrating. As I pull up to my parking spot, I just start bawling my eyes out, quickly running to my trailer without anyone seeing me crying.

I slam my trailer door and I just sob for 5 minutes straight, mainly because of the paparazzi, and also cries of regret because of the way I reacted with Chris. I turn on my speaker and hear a playlist full of sad songs, that I never heard.

Suddenly I hear the loud creak of the metal trailer door opening. As I hold in the rest of my tears and try to wipe it away, before I even turn around I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey Mel," I hear Chris say quietly yet loud enough I can hear him. I quickly turn around with my eyes all puffed up and filled with held in tears, sitting in my eyes, waiting to be forced out. I turn down the volume of the music but loud enough you can still hear the song.

"What are you doing in here, get out," I say Gently as I'm wiping my tears away and making no eye contact whatsoever.

"Hey, I just wanted to-" I turn around, my back facing him, as he steps forward from my closed trailer door. I cross my arms and he starts talking but I'm paying attention to the music, not even hearing a word he's saying. I'm not ready to talk yet.

Chris doesn't leave and he keeps talking, even though I'm not listening. Eventually Chris stops talking and my back is still facing him and we are still at a pretty far distance. Chris is listening to the music, not saying anything, just listening.

Then a song comes on.
I'm not bulletproof when it comes to you. Don't know what to say when you make me the enemy. After the war is won there's always a next one. I'm not bullet proof when it comes to you.

These lyrics. It describes my feelings towards Chris. I'm not bulletproof when it comes to him, not at all. And I'm making Chris the enemy, should I talk to him.

Chris' POV:
When this song comes on, I can see an immediate mood change with Melissa, but I can still feel she is still angry with me, with reasons that I'm not sure about.

The song plays some more.

Maybe I'll crash into you, maybe we would  open these wounds, we're only alive if we bruise. So I lay down this armor, I will surrender tonight, before we both lose this fight.

Right after the singer said, I will surrender tonight, before we both lose this fight, Melissa eagerly turns around, and starts to wail and cry. I briskly run to Mel and hug her. Our warmth colliding, and making each other feel comfortable. She felt like home.

"I'm so sorry, for popping off on you Chris. I hope you can forgive me, it's just-" I cut off Mel, and release her from the tight hug we both have each other.

"Shhhh, Wow this um, song really um, speaks to me," I say not meaning to say um twice. I didn't want her to feel obligated to tell me the reasons why she said those things to me. Mel looks at me confused after I said that. She wipes away her tears and takes a step back.

"What do you mean, how. It really speaks to me too," Melissa says as she's hearing the lyrics.

I turn down the volume and sit down on the couch with Mel along with me and start saying, "well uhh, you were right, I was in some  relationships with my previous costars. They asked out me, and I say yes because I'm searching for someone that's the one for me. The one who I have an unbreakable connection with. I was just so confused and I get how that may look." I say making eye contact with Melissa yet looking at my shoes. Melissa looks like she wants to say or ask something but doesn't want to, so I just continue, "and my last girlfriend Hanna, I thought I loved so much. I genuinely thought she was the one for me, that she and I had that unbreakable connection," I say as my eyes water up.

"So what happened," Melissa says stumbling on her words, and moving an inch close to me on her couch.

I take a deep breath in and say, "we were in love, I hope, for at least a year. But things began to become rocky and one day I saw a text message from another guy. I looked through her phone and seen dozens of messages from some guy. And from there, the connection was gone, the love was shattered." I say holding in tears.

Melissa looks at me in shock. She moves in closer and closer to me. "Oh my gosh Chris, I shouldn't have judged you. I did not know that she cheated on you, that's such a horrible feeling. Trust me I get it," Melissa says with all empathy and regret stuck in her eyes, as she is fidgeting nervously with her fingers.

I move closer to her, now we are only an inch away. I quietly and confidently say, "but I moved on." Melissa looks deeply in my gray and blue eyes.

"I've moved on too, I'm done with the past," Melissa says looking straight into my eyes and confidently saying.

"I know I moved on because, I have strong feelings for another woman," I say moving my hand and find hers through my hair, still making deep eye contact with her.

Melissa opens her mouth and takes a breath in  and slowly asks, "oh um with who?"

After she said that I move an inch closer and press my forehead against hers. Melissa sits still but sliding her hand on my cheek. I lean in and I brush my lips up against Melissa's. Kissing her slowly and soft, feeling a sweet and delighted sensation coming from Mel. I felt a sweet shiver run down my spine and a fire warmth spread throughout my whole body.

Melissa releases from the kiss, grinning and exhaling.

"Strong feelings for you," I say pressing my forehead against hers, feeling her warmth on me. I felt like the world stopped rotating during the time we were kissing.

Melissa rubs my cheek with her thumb while biting her lip and whispers, "I was hoping you were going to say me."

******************
Ahhh guys there you have it! Sorry it's a little long but it's definitely worth it, since they kissed 😊 For those who are wondering the song name it's Armor by Landon Austin! I thought that song would fit perfectly with these two :) And Expect things to start to head up from here :)