WFWKH - 8

Arnav POV

After a long weekend I was finally happy about the fact that I will get to meet my girl my Khushi. Everyday feels full of energy and motivation to me since I met her. And the belief that I have fallen in love with her grows stronger. Its now just the hesitancy thats stopping me from confessing my feelings. Ughhh, I just dont get it. I am all okay infront of every other person. I scare them. I intimidate them. However when it comes to Khushi Gupta I just loose my senses completely.

I heard a knock on my door which brought me out of Khushi land. Yeah I know I almost live in there now.
"Come in.."
I shouted while combing n getting ready to leave for office.

"Chotte may I distrub you.."
A teasing voice of Di echoed in my ears.

"Ofcourse Di. I dont have the option to say No..Do I?"
I asked sarcastically knowing very well that her emotional blackmail always wins against my denials.

"Yes you cannot deny me then why even try. Anyways I am here because I wanted to talk about Khushi. You know the girl who you dropped home last night. Yeah the same who I did not see entering our place."
She stated bluntly.

"Di.."
I felt embarassed by her words. Crap she saw Khushi. Ughhh. Now another round of teasing is about to begin.

"Oh come on Chotte dont be like that. The way you were holding her hand all the way from your room till the main door..anyone can guess that she is your Khushi. So she seems all romantic type huh? I mean who would have thought that a girl will enter your room secretly like that. By the way any special reason she was here?"
My mind was still stuck on her words. 'Your Khushi.' Sounds beautiful to the ears right?

Di's constant calls made me gasp internally and I answered her truthfully feeling a little shy but confident. I lifted up my ring finger for her to see carefully....the now shining gold ring.
"She gave me this. Its like a promise ring of sorts. It will help in keeping the clingy models away. This will repel them as per Khushi."
I said with a slight smile.

"CHOTTE...OH MY GAWDDDDD....this is amazing. Do you know she has practically claimed you??? I cannot believe this...you are the same man who once denied love and relationships. And look at you today. I think its time that you introduce your lady to us. Dont you think so?"
She asks elbowing while my ears turned a little red when she mentioned my lady.

"Di I was thinking that soon I will introduce her to the family officially. Khushi too wants that. You can take over from there then."
I said pretending to be engrossed in tying my shoe laces. While in reality I was hiding my cheeks from her.

Di caressed my hair lovingly.
"Aweeee my baby brother wants me to handle everything huh? This means you want to get things done officially hmmm. Interesting. Now I will have to..have to meet this Eighth Wonder who turned my brother into a lovesick fool."
I continued to tie my laces hiding my face from her.

Sometime later she left my room and I felt a smile making a place on my usually frown-y face.

Khushi...

Soon we will be together...

Forever...

Soon.

Khushi POV

"Khushi how are things going between you and your Arnavji?"
Jeeji asked me quietly while Amma prepared breakfast for us.

"Jeeji is it not obvious? Okay let me explain it to you."
I stated and then began my tale of our lovey dovey adventures. She was shocked to hear about the ring incident.

"Wow Khushi. Do you know what this means? This is a sign that he wants the same. Soon Arnavji will ask you to meet his family. And then in the near future you guys will tie the knot too."
Jeejis words filled me up with a new energy and I started dancing around the house with her. After a while Jeeji too joined me and Buaji and Amma smiled at our antics.