WFWKH - 14

Arnav POV

"Di is everything ready? Are you all set to visit Khushis family? This is a lifetime deal and I dont want any obstacles to be present. So tell me...."
I asked Di yet again while driving towards Shantivan.

We Raizadas were heading to Laxmi Nagar to give our proposal to Khushis family. Di was in my SUV while the others were following in the car behind me with Akaash.

"Relax Chotte all is set. When I am your wedding planner then you dont have to worry at all. You please maintain your facade of being an arranged groom alright. Dont even smile at Khushi. And for Godsake control your blushes."
Di stated.

Ughhh. Because of Khushi even Di has started teasing me. I felt a wave of annoyance at the role reversal. Why cannot Khushi blush like every other normal girl? Alas how can she do that...in this story I am the one who goes all red.

"I DONT BLUSH DI...WHAT NONSENSE...I JUST FEEL WARM AT TIMES."
I replied in my ASR tone.

"Hahaha. Really? Just look at your face in the mirror Chotte, you cannot even lie properly."
Di rubbed it in my face literally.

"Whatever..."
I mumbled.

Finally after a long ride of twenty minutes we arrived at Khushis house. Great. Now hopefully everything will go well.

Khushi POV

I was rushing here and there...ensuring that every corner of my little house looked clean to attend my guests or my future in laws to be specific. While Buaji and Amma were staring at me as if I had grown a pair of horns.

"I just dont get you at times Titiliya. Yesterday you were so happy that you messed up the kitchen with the Jalebi batter. And look at your girl this morning. Garima she is making sure that we dont even have dust particles in the house. That too all dressed up. She is a Sankadevi for sure."
Buaji laughed.

"Yeah yeah...keep laughing Buaji. Jab aapka rishta leke Bediji aayenge hum bhi aise hi chedenge aapko."
(When Bediji will come here with a proposal for you then even I will find pleasure in teasing you).
I muttered in a voice that was barely audible.

"What are you mumbling about Sankadevi?"
Buaji asked still laughing.

"Nothing Buaji."
I said giving her my infamous tight lipped smile.

A few hours later I was all set to welcome the Raizadas. Devi Maiyya I hope that nothing will go wrong today. I want this marriage to be fixed at the earliest. I dont want Arnavji to find any more reasons to run away from me.

Aapko to pata hai...KITNI MUSHKIL SE HAATH AAYEIN HAIN😉
(You know very well....HOW I MANAGED TO TRAP HIM😉)

A knock on the door alerted me. I looked down at the mop that was still in my posession. Hide it Khushi. Quick. I dashed to the washroom to fulfil my goal only to come back in seconds to see a really funny scene.

Jeeji stood wide eyed with the door open while on the other side stood my lovers brother Akaashji. And the rest of the Raizadas with shagun thaals in their hands. Woahhhhh. Are Jeeji and Akaashji making goo goo eyes at each other?!?!?

Ye Kya Raita Ban Raha Hai??!?
(Whats Cooking Here??!?)

I could see Di trying her level best to act serious. But the comical expressions of the new love birds was making it difficult. Finally I helped them making my way to the door.

"Di..? Naniji..? Mamiji...? You are all here at my place...?"
I pretended to be all bewildered.

"Yes Khushi. We are all here to meet your family. Can we?"
I nodded and welcomed them inside my humble abode, pushing a flabbergasted Jeeji aside.