Chapter 2

Tripp

After McAllister introduces me to his family, I find myself lost in a sea of wealthy elitist's, none of which I find the urge to engage conversation. The air is heavy with humidity and the aroma of baked clams is making me nauseous. As I'm walking back towards the sea of cars parked along the road, my mind starts to wander; Lexi, naked in bed, her arms and legs wrapped around me, my hands in her hair; on her ass. Fuck. I need to stop thinking about her or I'll have a permanent hard-on. Not paying attention I've walked aimlessly towards the garage, I stop dead in my tracks. Lexie is standing in the driveway, she's wearing that cute romper she had on a couple months back, her auburn hair is pulled up minus a couple tendrils that playfully frame her face.

"Hey." I say surprising her.

She looks at me in awe as I step towards her and whisk a tendril of her hair behind her ear. Every time I see her, I feel a mysterious pull; a spark that ignites a fire inside me. I've missed her so much, I don't ever want to leave her again.

"How do you know the McAllister's? I ask.

"They're Parker's parents."

"Really? Who would've guessed?

Lexi smiles and leans in for a hug resting her head against my chest. I lay my cheek on top of her head, her hair is soft, and she smells amazing. She is everything I thought I would never find and I'm miserable without her.

"Hey, what's going on?

I turn and see Leanne and Parker standing on the front porch with some other guy I don't recognize. Leanne looks pissed which doesn't surprise me.

"Nothing." Lexi replies.

Leanne isn't buying it and Parker starts to interrogate me. I don't want to get mixed up in some complicated family dynamic, especially when I'm here on business. Leaning in close to Lexi, I whisper to her.

"I'll find you later, then we can talk."

I feel cheated out of my time with Lexi but, I'm anxious to finish my business here and get back to my girl.

Leanne

Standing under the Pavilion, I listen to Parker engage in conversation with his parents. Mr. McAllister is talking about something boring that I'll never remember. I glance over at Parker, he seems irritated. I don't blame him, his father is always trying to rope him into working for him.

"You should come work for me son, you'll be a lot happier."

"I'm happy where I'm, we're really busy and I have a substantial amount in 401k. That's really the only investment I need."

His father puts his arm around Parker and walks him away from the group. I can only imagine the lecture Parker is about to get on the importance of a good investment. Great. This is going to put Parker in a very bad mood and when that happens he becomes broody and silent. When I turn my attention back to his mom, she is busy barking orders at the waitstaff. That's when I realize that Lexi is nowhere in sight. I glance around at the sea of people when the smell of baked clam's wafts through the air and makes me want to gag. I really don't get why anyone likes the taste of clam's, they smell like ass. After realizing that Lexi is not in the crowd, I start to make my way toward the house. Parker catches up to me, looking exhausted.

"Hey, are you alright? I ask.

"I'm fine, where are you going?.

"I can't find Lexi, I was thinking of checking the house."

Parker nods. When we step inside everyone has congregated around the kitchen island; sipping wine and eating ordure's. They seem relaxed while engaged in light hearted conversation.