Chapter 1|New Student

-
Kate's POV
-
Today was just a normal day of boring old school. I woke up at 7:00AM, school started at 8:30AM. I got dressed, did my makeup, and made myself breakfast. My mom and dad were never really around in the morning because of their jobs so I was on my own but every morning they would leave a little note telling me to have a good day. I know, I know, kidish right? Well, my parents are very protective of me. I don't blame them, there lawyers that deal with cases with 17 year olds like me getting in trouble and other stuff.

Anyways, after I ate breakfast, I got my things and drove to school. I got to school and put my things in my locker when I noticed someone next to me opening their locker. Which was weird because no ones ever used that locker.

"Um, hey, I'm new to this school. Do you think you could show me around?" He asked shyly and I looked up at him. He was tall, brown fluffy hair, handsome, and had beautiful blue eyes.

"Uh, yeah, of course." I said politely. I didn't want to be late for class but I really didn't care. I was with this hot guy.... What on earth is wrong with me?

"Can I see your schedule?" I asked him, he nodded and pulled it out of his pocket and gave it to me. I looked at him with a shocked look on my face.

"Is everything alright?" He asked. I nodded.

"Uh, yeah, we have all the same classes together." I told him and he smiled.

"Cool." He said with a huge grin on his face. I nodded and started walking to show him around. During the tour, we heard the bell ring so I stopped and turned to him.

"Um, that's the bell." I told him.

"Oh, we can finish this later and all I need to do is follow you to every class." He said.

"Oh, yeah." I laughed. We started to talk towards our class.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name." I said trying to sound casual.

"Oh yeah, Richard Rodgers, but please call me Rick." He told me, putting out his hand. I gladly took it and we shook hands.

"I'm, Katherine Beckett, but call me Kate." I smiled at him and we entered our class.

"Ms. Beckett, you're late." My teacher, Mr. Johnson, said.

"Yeah, sorry, I was-" I started then Rick cut me off.

"Sorry, it was my fault. I asked her to show me around the school, I'm new to this school." He said and looked over at him. Mr. Johnson nodded.

"Well, take your seats. We have a lot to do today." He said and we took the only two seats that were open, they were right next to each other. Huh, what're the odds of that?

That class was boring as heck. Our teacher always talked about the same exact thing everyday. It was History, if you were asking.
XXX
We made it through two more hours of boring classes. It was now lunch and I was starving. Rick was always next to me, he would always follow me. It was weird but I liked it. I had a hot guy following me around, who wouldn't like it right? We got our lunches and sat down at a table next each other.

"So, how do you like your new school so far?" I asked.

"Well, it's very ..." He paused.

"Boring?" I finished for him and smiled.

"Yes." We both laughed. Cute laugh, I thought. Really cute laugh.

Lunch was finally over, sadly, and it was time for science. We went to our locker to grab our books and every now and then we would look at each other and smile.

I closed my locker and waited for him to close his and then walked into class. Of course we sat next to each other, the bell rang and class started.

"Okay, we have a lot to do so let's get started." Our teacher said. Her name was Mrs. Wyman, she was my favorite teacher. She was super nice and pretty and short. She waited till everyone settled down to start talking again.

"Okay, we are starting a science project today. Yes, you get to pick your partners and only one. Two to a group. Here are the packets that explains it all. So read through it with your partner and we will start working on them tomorrow." She said and everyone started picking their partners. I turned my head to Rick and he was already looking at me with a "will you?" look. I laughed.

"Yes." I said, nodded. He smiled and we started reading our project. Time went by fast because next thing I knew the bell rang.
XXX
School was finally over. We were at our lockers and I said bye to Rick but he stopped me before I took another step.

"Hey, do you think ... You could give me a ride home. My mom dropped me off this morning?" He asked shyly. So cute.

"Yeah, of course." I said and he followed me to my car.
______________________
Please tell me what you think ! VOTE and COMMENT !