Chapter 16|Lovebirds

-
Ricks POV
-
"Should I put my swimsuit on for our walk?" I heard Kate ask from her bedroom. I quickly ran to her room stopping at the door to see if she was holding it up, but she wasn't. I really wanted to see it. She turned around, eyebrows raised with a confused look on her face. "What was that for?" She asked.

"Psh, nothing, but yes please do." I said with a smile walking slowly away then running back to the door to see if her held up her swimsuit. Still a no, damn.

I was down stairs, swim trunks and t-shirt, talking to my mother about school since she was always working. Kate came down the stairs, I immediately stopped with the conversation and looked over at her.

Damn it! She was wearing a somewhat see through shirt, thank god, and some jean shorts, that showed off her super hot long tan legs.

"Hey, you ready?" She said coming towards us and stopping at the counter. "Rick?" She asked knocking me out of my fantasies.

"What?" I said, I quickly glanced at my mother who was smiling at me with this weird smile that I've never seen before.

"Are you ready? We are gonna miss sunset." She said and I nodded.

"Yes, right. Let's go." I said and turned to my mother. "See you in an hour or so." I told her.

"Yeah yeah just go, have fun. Lovebirds." My mother and I could see Kate blush. I smiled and took Kate's hand in mine leading her out to the backyard.

"I like your mom." Kate said as we walked towards the little path I made that led to the beach.

"Really?" I said and looked down at her.

"Yeah, she always so happy and never cares what you do." She said.

"That's the worst part. She always so dramatic and happy and thinking about it she really doesn't care. She knows I will make good choices." I said.

"I wish my mom was like that. God, she was so protective and yet so happy for me. She loved you, did you know that?" She said I looked down at her, scared that she brought her up.

"No, I didn't." By now we were on the beach, with me in the water and her next to me outside of the water. It was calm today, I liked it.

"Well she did. You know that first time that you came over?" She asked and let out a laugh remembering that day.

"Yeah, that was pretty funny. I was trying my hardest not to start bursting out laughing." I said.

"Hah, that was embarrassing. And so gross. Ugh, I can't even beleive they were doing that. When you were over!" She said laughing. Oh hot damn, I absolutely loved her laugh.

"It was funny though, your dad and moms faces were priceless." I said, carefully but still laughing. She chuckled.

"Yeah, afterwards she kept bugging me if I liked you and if we were gonna get together." She said looking up at me. I didn't know what to say, but I could see her eyes starting watering up.

"And did you?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"To be honest, yes I did. I started liking you right when you introduced yourself to me." She said and I smiled.

"Me too." I said and it was silent for a while.

"We should just go swimming here,in the ocean." She suggested and I looked down at her and smiled.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she glared at me with a straight face and I laughed. "I take that as a yes." She nodded and she walked up closer to the houses and started taking off her top and shorts, her back to me. I was already liking her swimsuit. She turned around towards me, oh yeah liking it very much. It was a bikini, white and blue stripes and damn she looked cute in it. Before I knew it she was already in the water looked out into the distance. I quickly took of my shirt and ran in towards her grabbing her waist and tackling her down into the water. She let out a scream and then started to laugh. I let go of her and she stood up the water up to her belly button and she gasped.

"Richard Rodgers!" She screamed, playfully. I grinned at her, kneeling down into the water and beaming up at her.

"What?" I asked innocently and shrugged.

"You are so gonna get it." She said and jumped towards me, I caught her and I twirled her around both looking into each other's eyes.

Once I slowed down, I went lower in the water so our whole bodies were in except for our heads, she wrapped arms around my neck and leaned in to kiss me. We broke apart before we couldn't stop ourselves.

"Okay, close your eyes." She said and I did as told with a grin on my face I could feel her get off of me and swim somewhere. Next thing I know she jumped on my back pushing me under then after a few seconds let me go so I could breath. I got up and started to laugh.

"Katherine Beckett!" I screamed, mocking her and standing up.

"Told yah Id get you back." She said standing up also. She out my hands on my chest making patterns with her nails and making me shiver. I quickly grabbed her wrist pulling them away and crashing my lips down on hers. I pulled away both panting and smiling at each other.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too." I whispered back and she kissed me again. She pulled away and pressed her forehead against mine.

"Now, let's go inside and cuddle up and watch a movie with some popcorn or ice cream." I said.

"Mm, sounds good. Beat you to the shore!" She yelled already running through the water to get there. I ran after her and caught up to but then she pushed me and I fell, making a huge splash.

"Beat you!" She said and I got up and ran over to her picking her up by the waist and twirling her around then setting her down, both panting and laughing. She grabbed her cloths and I grabbed my shirt, swinging it over my shoulder and took her hand in mine. Then walked back to the house.
_________________
Okay this one was fun.