Chapter 9|I'm Here For You, Always

-
Rick's POV
-
When Kate called I was happy, until I heard her voice. Something happened. Something bad. So when she told me to come over I got worried and hurried out the door.

I arrived at her house and hurried out of the car and knocked on her door. She opened it immediately and gave me a huge hug. I was confused and I could tell that both of them had been crying. She started crying in my chest.

"Kate, what happened?" I asked carefully. I looked up at Jim who was now sitting at the table with his head in his hands and crying.

"Kate." I said softly, trying to get her attention. She pulled away and looked at me with her red, puffy eyes.

"She's dead, Rick." She choked out and started sobbing again.

"Who?" I asked carefully.

"My mom." she sobbed. I couldn't believe it.

Johanna dead? How? What the hell? I took her back in my arms and squeezed her against me.

"Kate, I'm so sorry." I said holding back the tears that were in my eyes.
XXX
It was almost eleven. All three of us were in the living room watching a movie. Kate's head was on my lap and her feet were on her dad's lap. I was combing my fingers through her hair and rubbing her arm.

I felt so bad for her. Her mother was dead, I don't know how and I wasn't gonna ask, but that's devastating. I can't even imagine what I'd do without my mother.

"I think I'm going to head up to bed." Jim said gently picking up Kate's feet and putting them on the couch.

"Good night, dad." Kate said softly. Jim leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

"Good night, Katie." He said to her then turned to me. "Good night, Rick. Take care of her, okay?"

"Of course and good night Jim." I said nodding and let a little smile linger on my lips and he left the room disappearing up the stairs.

Poor Jim. God I hate whatever happened. This is so painful to see.

The movie was over and Kate was sleeping. She looked so peaceful and cute while sleeping. I lifted her head up off my lap gently and got up.

"Rick?" She asked with a sleepy voice.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Can you stay?" She asked me and I smiled.

"Of course." I said getting a blanket for her. My back was turned to her I grabbed the blanket off of the chair and I felt arms wrap around my waist, making me jump a little.

"Sorry." She said into my back. I turned around in her arms and hugged her back.

"Let's go to bed." I said walking us towards the stairs.

Once we were in her bedroom, she laid down on her bed and I tucked her in. I put the blankets over her beautiful body and gave her a kiss the her cheek. Before I could get off the bed she grabbed my arm.

"I meant stay in here with me, in the bed." She said, eyes still closed.

"Oh, are you sure?" I asked. I wasn't sure if her dad would be okay with this. I didn't want him to hate me.

"Yeah." She said, her eyes still closed. I smiled and climbed in under the covers next to her, pulling her body closer to me.

"Rick?"

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Thank you, for coming over and staying with us. I have never met someone who would do this for me. It means a lot." She said softly.

"Kate, you're the nicest, prettiest, and hottest," she chuckled. "girl I've ever met and I'm here for you, always." I said. She really was the nicest, prettiest, and hottest girl I've ever met. And I would be there for her, I was going to help her get through this. No matter what.

"You're not so bad yourself, Rick." She said smiling and turning to face me. I smiled back at her and kissed her softly on the lips. "Good night, Rick." She snuggled closer to me.

"Good night, Kate." I said and kissed the top of her head and fell alseep.
__________
Well, how was that? Yeah it wasn't the best but ehh. it's fanfiction.