Chapter 2|Yeah, You

Chapter 2|Yeah, You
-
Ricks POV
-
Kate was nice. I liked her. She was drop dead gorgeous and seems like a really cool girl to hang out with. I can totally get used to this.

"Thank you." I said buckling my seatbelt as she did the same.

"Anytime." She smiled, and I told her where I lived. It was silent for little while until she broke it. "So, what made you come here?" She asked.

"We used to live downtown a ways until my mom got a job as an actress about a month ago. I was homeschooled." I said.

"Oh, cool. What about your dad?" She said driving into a parking space and parking the car.

"My mom had a one-night stand with a guy then found out she was pregnant and never told him so I never met him." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She looked at me with concern in her eyes.

"No, it's fine. The way my mother described him made me glad she never told him she was pregnant." We sat in an awkward silence before I asked, "So, um, would you like to come up with me?" I asked. Dumbass. Why would I ask that? Of course she's gonna say no. I just met her!

"Um, no, sorry I have stuff to do." She said. I'm such a dumbass.

I nodded and unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car. I was just about to shut the door when she yelled.

"Wait, Rick!"

I turned around to find her coming towards me. Booyah.

"Actually, change of plans, I would love to." She said smiling.

I smiled, my heart and stomach doing a little flutter, and went into the building with her behind me. We entered the elevator where an awkward silence hit. Again.

I was going to say something but then the doors opened with a ding. I took out my keys and opened the door and walked in with her following.

"Wow, this place is huge!" She said behind me and I turned around smiling.

"Yeah, I know. My mom loves her space." She took a look around. "Do you like coffee?" She shook her head no. Good. "Me too. We have water, milk, orange juice, apple juice, Mountain Dew, Coke, Pepsi, and Grape Fanta." I said counting on my fingers. She smiled.

"Um, Coke, please." I went into the kitchen to grab it out of my fridge. She made her way to sit at the center island on the barstool. I gave her her pop and opened mine.

"So, what's your favorite color?" I asked she looked up at me with a confused look and answered.

"Uh, blue. Why?" She said.

"Just trying to start a conversation. Get to know you, yah know," I smiled and she nodded.

"How about you?" She asked.

"Same as yours." I said smiling and she smiled too. That smile, dear God. "What's your favorite food?" I asked.

"Chinese take-out." She smiled proudly. I laughed.

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's good! I eat it almost everyday." We share a laugh. "What's yours?"

"Cheeseburgers." I said. She gave a little hmm. Speaking of cheeseburgers.... I'm kinda craving one right now.

"Oh, I got one. Have you seen any cute girls so far?" Yeah, you.

"Yeah, a couple. But there's only one that I think is the prettiest." She changed her position in her seat, excited to know who it is.

"Ooo, who?" I took a sip of my pop and looked at her in her eyes, smirking. They were so beautiful, everything about this girl was beautiful.

"Um, she's about 5' 7", brown hair, hazel eyes, really hot and nice. She's in everyone of my classes. Oh, we're locker buddies. Do you know her?" I asked, playing with her. I could see her cheeks turn red.

"No, I don't." She answered, playing along with my little joke.

"Well, if you find her, tell her that I would like to take her out on a date sometime." I smiled. She blushed even more. My God that's hot.

"I'll make sure I will." She smiled.

I stared into her eyes and she did the same to me. There was another silence that hit. But this time it wasn't awkward.

I've only known her for a day, but it feels like forever. I really really like her but I didn't know if she likes me back. Oh, who am I kidding. No one likes me.

"So, about our science project." I said breaking our eye contact and the silence.

"Oh, yeah. I was thinking this weekend you could come over, or I come over here, and we could work on it together."

"That's what I was going to say." We both smiled.

"Could we do it here, actually? My mom and dad get all crazy when I bring a guy home."

"Yeah, of course. I have the loft to myself anyways." She smiled and got up off her chair.

"Well, I better get going. We have some homework to do!" She said.

"Ugh, homework." I groaned. She chuckled.

"If you need any help, call or text me. Or skype." She found a wad of paper and wrote down her number and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said taking it from her hand, our hands brushing, making me look into her eyes

"Um, see you tomorrow." She said turning around and walking towards the door.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I said walking her out.

God damn. I don't think I will be able to live anymore.
______________________
Please, tell me what you think!