Chapter 3|Picnic Date?

-
Kate's POV
-
I walked out of his mansion loft and down to my car. I didn't want to leave but I also don't want my mom and dad, well mostly my mom, freaking out because I was at some guys house that they don't even know... Yet.

I hated that. But I get it, I do. Parents are supposed to be protective. I'm there only daughter and they don't want to see me growing up. Every parent does that.

I got in my car and drove home. Once I had pulled into the driveway, it was about 5ish so that meant dinner was almost ready. I walked into my house only to be bombarded by thousands of questions.

"Katie, where have you been?! We were worried sick! Are you alright? Did you get hurt?" My mother asked panicking evident in her voice. Like really evident.

"Mom, I'm fine! Calm down. I was over at a friends." I said calming her down. I looked over at my dad who looked a bit panicky too.

"Thank god! Why didn't you call or text us?" She said and then I realized I was totally lost while I was with Rick. He just does that to me... I guess.

"Oh yeah, um, I forgot." I said putting my stuff down on the couch and headed into the kitchen where I got myself a glass of milk.

My parents must've saw something in me because when I turned around there hands were on their hips looking at me with a face telling me to start talking. "Okay, fine. His name is Rick and we are working on a science project together."

"Mhmm." My mom said.

"I'm serious! Even ask Mrs. Wyman!" I said totally annoyed by them. Parents.

"Katie, I'm happy for you but just don't do anything that you would regret later." My dad said. That's the first thing he's said since I got home.

"Yes, I know, dad." I said rolling my eyes.

"Do you like him?" My mom asked excited.

"Um, well he's new to school he just started today and yeah, I kinda do." I said with a huge smile.

"Katie, you just met him." My dad said.

"Yes, I know. But it feels like I've known him forever and he likes me back. He even said it."

"Like, 'I like you' said it? To your face?" Moms these days, always wanting to know things.

"Not exactly, but please no more questions I have homework to do." I said grabbing my bag and walking up the stairs.

"Dinner will be ready in an hour!" My dad called after me and said okay and did my homework.
\|/ next day\|/
"Hey." Rick said opening his locker.

"Hi." I said back, shutting mine and waiting for him.

"How's it goin'?" He asked and I sighed.

"Other then my parents desprately wanting to meet you and asking a shiz load of questions, good. How about you?" I said smiling at the end. He laughed.

"I got the same reaction from my mom too." We both chuckled. "Can't wait for tomorrow." He said shutting his locker.

"Yeah, me too." I said and we headed to our class.

Finally, it was lunch. I was starving, I didn't even grab breakfast because I was to excited to get here. Huh, that's the first.

Rick and I got our lunches and sat down at an empty table.

"Hey, you know that girl you were talking about that you liked?" I asked, smiling. I was nervous to tell him, but I wanted too. Needed to, actually. He nodded. "Well, I found her and she said she likes you too, also thinks your hot, and would love to go out on a date with you." I said, smiling, glad to get that off my chest.

"Good, tell her that I'll have to plan something." He smiled playing along. I turned my gaze down to my food and started eating it.

School was now over, it went by fast and I was glad because today is Friday and tomorrow I get to go over to Ricks mansion loft. We said our good byes and text me's and I headed home. I hadn't told my parents yet about this weekend.

I'm afraid that they won't let me go, but I'll get them too. They trust me, they know I won't do anything stupid and if I say it's for a project they won't care.

Well, actually they would because I'm with a guy. I'll up just tell them that his mom will be there. That always works, right?

I was up in my room when I got a text from him it made me happy and ... I don't even know the right words.

It read, "Hey."

I know, I know, big deal right? Well, to me it is because I really like him. It's weird when someone you just met feels like you've known them for years.

I texted back, "Hey, what's up?"

A minute later I got a text saying, "The sky." I laughed at that one.

"Haha, so funny. But, really what are you doing?" I texted back.

He texted, "Right! I'm doing my homework :(."

"Same, which one are you working on?"

"Um, math."

"Same here, need help?"

"No, I get it, but thanks."

"Okay, which problem are you on?"

"47, what about you?"

"50." I texted back. It took him awhile to text back.

"I was thinking we could go on a picnic date sometime."

"Wait, what about that girl you like? ;)" I texted smiling.

"Oh, right. Can you ask her if she would want to go on a picnic date with me next weekend? ;)"

"Yes, hold on, let me ask her ............ she said yes. :)"

"Oh and tell her that I can't wait for tomorrow :)"

"She said she can't either :) she has to go to bed but she will see you tomorrow."

"Awe, okay. Tell her I said good night ;D" I smiled at his text. This boy.

Putting my books on my night stand and my phone on its charger, I fell asleep excited for tomorrow.
______________________
see what I did there ? 47 😏😊