Chapter 11|It Was Totally Worth It

-
Ricks POV
-
It had been two weeks now since Johanna's death. Kate has been doing really great, she's taking the whole thing really well. Better then I would if I were in that situation.

Everyday after school we've been driving over to the cemetery and talking to Johanna. It makes Kate happy and makes me happy to see her happy.

Jim, on the other hand, is actually doing well too. He's becoming more sober and I'm happy for him, it makes Kate happy also.

I was standing in the hall, watching Kate put her things in her locker. Damn, she was beautiful and stunning. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She didn't jump which was normal now, since I do it to her a lot.

"Hey." I said softly into her ear. She finished putting her books back and then turned in my arms.

"Hey." She said back, smiling. Oh, that smile of hers.

"How did you sleep?" For the past couple of days, I've been sleeping back at my own place. Letting her have some space and think about things.

"Good. You?" she said putting her amrs around my neck.

"Amazing. Although I did miss a certain someone." I winked at her and smiled. She leaned up and quickly but softly kissed me.

"I missed you too. You may wanna let go so we don't get yelled at again." She said smiling.

"Oh, right. That was not fun." I remembered, letting her go and opening my locker.

"No, it wasn't. Except for the part were you pushed me against the locker and had your tongue down my throat," she smirked and I almost choked.

"Oh, yes. Except for that."
---FLASHBACK---
They were at their lockers packing up their bags getting ready to go home. Kate finished first, she was leaning against her locker watching her boyfriend get ready.

Once he was done, the halls now empty, she grabbed his arm and crashed her lips onto his. As the kissed deepened, he pushed her against the locker with his weight and began touching her sides.

Sliding his hands up and down slowly. Suddenly a clearing of someone's that got their attention and they jumped away from each other.

"Ah, Mr. Rodgers and Miss Beckett." The chubby short man said once getting a glimpse of the two.

"Oh, hey Mr. Schmidt." Rick said casually.

"How long have you two been going to this school?" He asked ignoring Rick's words. The two though for a minute.

"Almost a year." Rick said and the teacher looked over to Kate.

"Since 9th grade." She said nervously.

"Ahh, so you know the rules here at Bridgewater's then?"

"Um, yes." She said softly looking down at her hands that were clasped together.

"So, please, tell me what you weren't supposed to be doing just a minute ago." He said.

"No touching and no kissing." She said ashamed, although not really 'cause it was good.

"Mm-hmm. Now if I see that again you both are going in detention. Understood?"

"Yes, Mr. Schmidt." They said in unison and the short little man walked away.

Rick turned to Kate with an apologetic smile. She returned one back and they walked towards the exit.

"So, your fault." Rick said opening the door for her and she laughed.

"I know. It was totally worth it though." She said smiling and Rick looked down at her.

"Totally." He agreed and quickly kissed her lips.

"See you there." She said as they parted and walked towards her car and they drive off to the cemetery.
-------
"Did you bring the food?" Kate asked as I looked at her. She was leaning against her locker.

"Why do you ask that everytime?" I whinned.

"I don't know. When I was little and we used to go on picnics and my dad always would forget the food so my mom had to go out to the store and quick grab some sandwiches." She said smiling.

"Oh, I see. Yes, I brought the food." I said smiling. "You ready?" She nodded and we walked out of the school.

She followed me to my car and we got in and drove to the cemetery.
___________
yeah, back in the day when I wrote this... I'm not sure where this idea about having a make-out sesh in school, a little over a week AFTER her mother dies, came from......

*hides in closet and never comes out*