Chapter 8|Something Wrong Here, Officer?

-
Ricks POV
-
We were cuddled up on the couch, her head in my lap as I sat up. She was cute, singing to all the songs and laughing at Olaf.

I kept looking at her, her beautiful face and features, and she must've notice because next thing I knew she spoke.

"Staring is creepy, Rick." She smiled and looked up at me. I couldn't help but smile.

"Sorry." I apologized and we looked into each other's eyes for a while. Then I leaned down and kissed her passionately. Our mouths moving slowly. Her lips were so damn soft and tasted like cherries, I loved it. Somehow during that kiss I moved so I was on top of her. Her hands came up on my cheeks and all of a sudden her phone rang and we both jumped apart panting.

"Frick." She muttered underneath her breath. I got up from hovering over her while she grabbed her phone and answered it. "Hi ... Oh, crap, I forgot I'm sorry .... Yeah okay I'm on my way." I heard her say and frowned. She put the phone down and turned to me. "I totally forgot, me and my parents are going out to eat. And my dad's there waiting." She stood up and grabbed her things.

"Aww," I pouted. I didn't want her to leave, not yet. "Hey, what about your car?" She looked at me with worried face.

"Shiz, it's at school!" She rubbed her forehead with her hands and groaned. That was cute. "Don't worry. Come on I'll give you a ride." I said and she jumped up from the stool, her face lighting up.

"Thanks." She walked over to me and pecked my lips then grabbed my hand and walked me out to my car.
X-KATES POV-X
"Hey, thank you for today. I had fun." I said before I got out of the car.

"Your welcome and me too." He said smiling. I leaned towards him to give him one last kiss, a quick one, then left to go in the diner.

I saw my dad sitting alone in a both. I walked over to him with a confused look and sat down in the both making him look up.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"I don't know. I can't get a hold of her." He said concerned.

"I'm sure she's fine. She's probably busy with a client or something." I assured him. He would always get worried when me or mom didn't answer our phones.

"Katie, I just saw her earlier and said she was excited for tonight. Usually she calls if she can't make it." He said looking down.

"Maybe, she's on her way. You never know." I said to assure him but it wasn't working.

We waited for a little longer and she was still a no show. She wasn't here and now I was starting to get worried.

"Maybe she forgot. Maybe she's at home." He said nervously grabbing his keys and jacket and sliding out of the booth.

I followed him, I didn't want to say anything so we just headed home.

We drove into the driveway a little later and my heart stopped. Cops. Everywhere.

I looked over at my dad and he looked the same as me we both hurried out of the car running up to an officer.

"Is there something wrong here, Officer?" My dad asked frantically.

"Are you Jim Beckett?" The officer asked and he nodded his head and turned to me.

"And you, Katherine Beckett?" I nodded my head too and a huge wave of worry came across my entire body.

"We have been informed that Mrs. Johanna Beckett has been murdered." The officer informed us.

I couldn't believe it, tears started rolling in. I turned to my dad, tears were welling up in his eyes also. He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug where we both let it all out. Both sobbing.

I couldn't believe it, my mom. Johanna Beckett, was murdered. But, by who? She was the nicest woman on earth!

My mom is gone. I squeezed my dad tighter and cried even more.

Once we settled down and were in the house the cops asked us question and then eventually left. We were on the couch, I was leaning my head on my dad's shoulder, and watching TV. I didn't feel like doing anything, I just wanted to sleep and cry forever until I died.

I was thinking about what life will be like without my mom, boring, never the same. I would miss her so much. I would miss the little girly talks we had. Then I realized, she will never see me get married and grow up and have children. Thinking of that, brought tears to my eyes.

"Hey, have you told Rick?" My dad asked softly. I didn't even think about him.

"No." I said quietly. I got up off the couch and grabbed my phone, typing in the familiar number. I heard it ring for three times then he answered.

"Hey. Did you miss me?" He answered. I smiled at that.

"Can you come over?" I asked gently. I didn't want him to freak out by the sound of my shaky voice but he did.

"Kate, is everything okay? What happened?" He asked frantically.

"Can you just come over, please?" I asked. There was a silent pause.

"Yeah, of course. Be there in 10." He said calming down and I hung up and sat back down on the couch next to my dad.

"Are you guys dating?" My dad asked and I jerked my head up.

"How did you know?" I asked. I was scared of what he was going to say.

"The way you came in in the diner. You were all happy. I'm fine with it, you guys are cute and I like Rick." He said and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Yeah, he asked me out today actually." I said looking at my hands and softly smiling.

"Good, he makes you happy, Kate." He said and I looked up at him and smiled.
___________________________
aaaaannnnddddd the climax /: