Chapter 6|Picnic Date

-
Ricks POV
-
I woke up the next day, excited for the after school events that me and Kate were going to do. It was a Tuesday and it had been two weeks since I came to this school and I love it. The people here are nice, well actually the only people I've actually met would be Kate and a couple of her friends but they are nice especially Kate.

I got ready for school, getting dressed, eating breakfast, then kissing Mother good-bye and heading out the door and downstairs to my car.

Once I got to school I quickly turned the corner to see Kate. She was opening her locker and talking with some friends but once they saw me they quickly walked away, I don't know why but I liked it.

I walked up to her and quickly dug my fingers in her sides, right above her hips, to make her jump and she let out a little scream.

"Rick! What the heck? You scared the shiz out of me!" She said and I couldn't help but laugh. She shoved me in the arm lightly. "Don't laugh, you jerk." She joked, smiling at me.

"I'm sorry." I apologized and started to open my locker, still smiling.

"So, about tonight," my head jerked up, scared that she would raincheck on me, "are you going to pick me up? Or are we going straight from here?" She asked and I let out a sigh. I thought about it for a minute.

"Well, I don't know, it's up to you. I mean if we go from here we can bring our homework to work on while we're eating." I suggested. Why is homework always involved?

"Sounds good to me." She said smiling so I smiled back.

God, every time I see that damn smile I just wanna grab her face in my hands and kiss her. I need to stop thinking that. Some places cant control themselves.

I finished grabbing my stuff out of my locker and we headed to our class.

Each class took forever, I wish we could just skip school and go now. To be honest, I don't even know why I am so damn excited about this, I mean I've always been excited to hang and see Kate but today I'm like overly excited.

"Can this class just be over?" Kate whispered to me. I looked at her.

"I know right!" I whispered back.
XXX
Finally, it was over. We headed to our lockers from gym and put everything in our lockers. Making sure to grab the right books for the homework we needed to do. I was, surprisingly, done before Kate and waited for her.

Once she was done, we walked our way to my car and got in.

"Your going to have to bring me back here." I heard her say as I started the car.

"Why?" I asked.

"My car, is here." She said pointing to it.

"Oh, right. Yeah, of course." I said, pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Do you have all the food?" She asked. I looked at her and gave her my 'seriously?' face.

"Duh!" I said, smiling. She smiled too.

"Makin sure." She said looking out the window. "Where're we even going?"

"You'll see." I said making her suspicious and curious. I pulled into the parking lot of the city park and parked the car.

"Here we are." I announced and got out of the car, she did also. She looked around and followed me to the trunk of the car where all the food was.

I carried the basket and the blanket to a open spot of the ground in the shade. I laid the blanket out then sat down and tossed her her sandwich.

"Thank you." She said opening the bag and taking a bit of her sandwich. "Darn, this is good." I chuckled.

"My mom made them." She stopped chewing and looked me.

"Seriously?" She said her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah." I said and she started to laugh. "Well, she makes really good sandwiches!" I said. Literally though, her sandwiches are to die for.

"That's sweet. Cute, actually," She smiled and I could feel my cheeks turning red. Again.

"No need to be embarrassed, Rick. I like how you and your mom are so close." I blushed even more and I could see her smiling as I looked at the ground.

"I like your parents too," I said after a while looking up at her.

"Really?" She asked, not believing me.

"Yes, really. I see the way they look at each other, they really love each other." I said.

"Yeah, I know." She agreed and ate some chips. "I want something like they have." She said I looked over to her and she was looking at something in the distance with a smile on her face.

"Me too." I said. Her gaze landed on me. She leaned closer to me and I had to do the same. No, I wanted to. We were only inches apart with our lips just barely touching.

"Race you to the swings." She breathed out, her warm breath against my lips made me shiver. She took off towards the swings and I chased after her.
____________________
How is it so far? Like? Yes, no? Continue? Yes, no? Please comment and vote!