Alec Lightwood ~ "You promised you'd be fine"

2628 words

Request: You go and get information from a vampire so that they can go on a mission to stop an demon attack. She is forced into sex and comes back to the institute. Alec looks after and tells here that he loves her.

WARNING! SUGGESTION OF AND MILD BUILD UP TO RAPE HALFWAY THROUGH. WILL PUT A WARNING IN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ

Sorry for the length of this one btw. The others won't normally be this long.

~~~~~~~~~

It was evening and the institute had been anonymously warned of a demon attack that was due the following night. But the shadow hunter team of four were panicking slightly as they didn't know where the attack was going to be.

"We don't know the location of the attack yet Izzy, I won't approve of this mission until we get a location." Alec states with his arms crossed in a defiant knot. Izzy scoffs and shakes her head in disbelief and starts pacing around the room, "Look its dangerous in Brooklyn at this time of night, you know how many demons are crawling through the streets"

"We won't know where to look if we can't go out and get information though!" Izzy defends. Alec's gaze was hard and unshifting until y/n spoke up.

"You know that she's right Alec." Her voice calmed the tension in the air.

Alec looked at y/n and his eyes softened a bit, his face relaxing just a little. He wouldn't admit it but something about her stopped his mind from spinning out of control. He just couldn't pinpoint what it was about her that made him calmer.

Y/n moved a few steps closer to Alec and reached out her hand slowly, as if reaching for a baby. Alec's eyes kept switching between her hand and her eyes, unsure of her movements but trusting her. She eventually touched his arm with her fingertips and brushed up and down his arms in slow gentle movements. Her motions calmed him to the point where his eyelids fluttered until they closed. She knew this always calmed Alec, her love for him helped her understand him better. For she had loved Alec as more than a friend or a brother for years. She knew what made him angry, what made him happy, what calmed him and what made him get out of bed in the mornings. It was almost like she knew him better tan Alec knew himself.

Izzy and Jace were left standing to the side as y/n slowly soothed Alec. They watched silently as they watched their friend who was previously tense and coiled like a spring slowly unfold. His arms unknotted themselves and hung by his sides, and the creases in his forehead disappeared.

Y/n delicately pulled away her hand from Alec's arm and watched as he slowly opened his eyes, only to look straight back into her eyes.

"What do you think we should do y/n?" Alec asked, his voice softer when he spoke to her.

"I think one of us should go out to find the information about the location, otherwise innocent mundanes could die, and then that would be failing our duty as shadowhunters. Wouldn't it Alec?" Her chosen words pushed Alec to further realise what was at stake and his forehead crunched up again. "I could go out and talk to my Downworlder source. It's never any hassle going downtown to have a quick chat with him."

"What, no, you are defiantly not going anywhere at this time of night, and defiantly not alone." Alec hurriedly refused. His protectiveness of y/n kicked in at full capacity and he didn't want to let her out of his sight.

"I'll be fine, besides, nothing I haven't done before." Y/n responded.

"Isn't there another way? Another option?" Jace asked, jumping back into the conversation. He didn't want to see what Alec would do if she got hurt, he especially didn't want to see what would happen to y/n if she did come back injured, or worse.