Elijah Mikaelson ~ Soulmates ~ Part 2

Words: 2018

The youngest Salvatore had just returned home after a successful hunt. Not at all prepared to see a large gathering of people waiting around his front door. Caroline and Bonnie and... The Mikaelson's. He didn't know why they were there except that (y/n), his best friend was not with the group. Panic arose within him as he noticed the worried and panic stricken faces of Caroline and Bonnie. He believed that the worst had happened and started charging to the door.

"Stefan don't. Just wait a minute, please" Bonnie asked with a worried face.

"Why? What's going on in there? Huh?" Stefan asked with an angry and accusatory tone. He looked around the group to find an answer, and he found one when he realised the noblest Mikaelson brother was missing. Rebekah seemed on edge, Kol didn't seem to care about anything, Finn seemed uncomfortable and Klaus stood smirking at Stefan. A growl ripped through your best friends throat as he crashed through the entrance of his house to see Elijah right up against you, his hands inching their way up your sides and your eyes closed as a moan slipped through your lips.

"Get off of her!" Stefan roared in outrage. Elijah swiftly let go of your sides and stood protectively in front of you, his fists clenched and one foot slightly in front of the other, ready to fight.

"And what are you going to do about it, Stefan? Kill me? We both know you can't do that," Elijah taunted, though he was still tense in front of you.

"Hurting you will have to do then," Stefan growled as he was about to charge at Elijah, until you ran in between the two men and shouted at them.

"No! Stop it! The both of you!" You took your chance, putting both of your arms out, one on each of their chests, looking between them with disbelief and a hint of anger. You let you eyes stay on Stefan and scolded him, "I'm fine, Stefan, I'm perfectly fine, see? Now, don't you dare lay a hand on him." Elijah looked at you and let a small smile grace his face. But then you turned to the handsome man who you wanted to kiss so badly, "But don't think you are in the good either, Elijah. If you even think about hurting him I will make sure that you never feel happiness again. Understand?" You threatened and Elijah's smile dropped.

Your short outburst made you feel a bit dizzy and you started to sway on your feet, Elijah and Stefan both immediately went to steady you, and then glared at each other.

"Hey, be nice," you reminded them as they took you over to the couch. Bonnie, Caroline and Rebekah walked back into the house with a very confused Damon. He had no idea what was going on, twenty minutes ago he'd been feeding off a pretty blonde college girl and now he was watching an original and his brother compete in the most intense glaring match of all time. Drinks were needed.

"So. Would somebody like to tell me what on earth is going on?" He questioned, turning around with a glass of bourbon now in his hand.

"That lot over there came looking for Stefan earlier so I opened to door to talk, but (y/n) was sick again so I kinda dropped the door. They came in an-" Caroline started.

"Wait, all of them came in? Caroline!" Damon asked incredulously.

"No! Only Rebekah and Elijah came in! Let me finish, please!" Caroline asked, exasperated. "But basically, long story short, Elijah gave (y/n) his blood." Stefan's eyes blackened at Caroline's statement and the veins under his eyes turned dark again as he growled at the man on the other side of (y/n).

Elijah put a hand around your shoulders and the other at your hip, pulling your frame onto his lap in a protective manner.

"Don't. Touch. Her." Stefan snarled at the vampire across from him.