Part Seven

“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.” - Unravel by Tahereh Mafi

  "I..I'm sorry." Karlie eventually got out, looking up from her hands and looking at the blue eyed blonde, "I don't know what I was thinking I.." Her world trailed off; didn't the girl have something to say? Was it just her in the car that night of the storm, or the day on the boat, or anytime after that where it was easy to get lost in the thought of being with each other? 

 "No.." Taylor reached out, catching hold of Karlie's wrist after she made an attempt to move her position on the couch, ready to get up. Where were the words? She couldn't think straight and her thoughts were swimming round in her mind while her stomach held anxiety butterflies, ready to explode. Then on the outside she was calm, silent, still holding attached to the girl's small wrist. "I like you--I-I feel the same way, Karl I.." I'm in middle school again saying the stupidest things to the guy I like because I can't think straight, Taylor though. 

 There was a small regain in confidence as Taylor mustered up a few words but Karlie didn't move. Her eyes stayed connected to Taylor's, scared of missing a sign or a clue. If her lips weren't going to give one then maybe her eyes, something had to give before was crushed by the embarrassment hanging over her head. Without another word she felt lips on her own, a pair of pink plump lips landing softly on hers. Taylor had leaned in, slowly and quickly at the end. With a second to recover Karlie's lips parted, returning the kiss in question if she was right to. 

 Taylor's gently palm went to cradled the girl's cheek, deepening the kiss and pulling the slim waist closer. When her lips surrendered under the blonde's there was a spark, a spark igniting something now instead of trailing off into nothing. The kiss grew more, fed with emotions as each kissed one another without a break for air. Karlie's hand slipped to the side of Taylor's neck as the one on her own cheek had moved to tangle with her short hair. 

 There wasn't enough. The emotions and feelings were spilling out, all coming out in once causing a frenzy. The country star fell on top of the super model without breaking the kiss. With the brunette's back against the couch there was not going anywhere or any threat of her walking away. With her hands still tangled in Karlie's hair, the other pair of hands in the group moved to Taylor's sides. They were gently and slipping under the shirt to make contact with bare skin, as if running her hands along it would show some sort of affection. 

 "Tay.." Her words were lost as her lips were engulfed in the blonde's. "Taylor.." She tried again but not luck. This time she moved her hands away from under the girl's shirt to gently push her face away. Both were out of breath, looking at one another, craving more of what was before them.

 "I wish you would have said something sooner." Karlie said softly, brushing her thumbs over the girl's cheeks.  How was it that one minute you can be spillin gout your feelings to your best friend and the next be in a heart felt gaze, so close you lips brush against one another's. 

 "Lately things have been...You know..I haven't even seen you in weeks and then..this happened." The blonde smiled, running her fingers through the brunette's hair. "I didn't even know if you felt the same way."

 There was a buz on the coffee table besides them from Karlie's phone, causing them both to look over. From where Karlie laid it was hard to see who it was but when Taylor leaned over the name was clear to see. The blonde looked back down to her best friend, "It's him."