Prologue

"Once upon a time, there were two best friends. They had it all, the flashy cars, the money, the girls and boys who fawned over their every word. Then one night, at one of the friend's summer home, they made a mistake. An old woman came to the house and asked for shelter for the night, they laughed and scoffed at her face turning her away almost instantly. For such ugly men, the woman showed her true self.

She was a beautiful witch causing the two men to fawn over her and change their minds. But, it was too late. They had already shown who they really were and cursed them for their wickedness.

One of them was put under for his self-centered ways hearing and seeing the world grow and go forward without him as no one gave him a second glance. The other, a beautiful man on the outside, ugly on the inside was changed to show who he really was. He acted like a monster so he became a monster.

Being blind by what they'd been doing, the witch gave them five years to change their wicked ways. They had to find people who would love them for them before time ran out and both faded away. Without a true love's kiss, the monster would remain a monster and the other would fade away to nothing."

The book slammed shut. Vic scoffed and looked at Austin. "True love's kiss? What a load of shit."