X

Kellin's POV

I glared at Vic as he let out a frustrated sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm not doing it. He's a kid."

"He's eighteen!"

"So what!? He can't handle that." 

"Yes he can. He really thinks his mom died of cancer and that's not right. He deserves the truth."

"And it needs to stay like that." 

"No, it doesn't. How would you feel if someone kept that from you?" He argued and I glared at him.

"Well I know so it's different! I can handle these sort of things, he can't!"

"You have to quit protecting him all the time Kellin! He's so sheltered because of you it's ridiculous! I bet if you really told him these things you'd realize he's smarter than you give him credit for!"

"Barely, he doesn't need to know any of this. He's fine how he is Vic!"

"So you think it's better that he thinks his dad is god's gift to the fucking earth than it is to be honest to him?" Vic demanded.

"He doesn't think our dad is that great," I said, rolling my eyes and starting to get frustrated with Vic. He'd been trying to get me to tell Alan what our father did ever since Alan told him that our mom died of cancer.

"Well obviously he thinks he's a decent guy because he doesn't know anything about him!"

"He knows our dad used him."

"Does he know anything else, though?" Vic asked, stepping closer to me. My eyes narrowed. "Does he know that your dad hated you? Or the fact that he killed your fucking mom and moved you to the tower so that your mom could tell you how terrible your dad was? What about all the other shit you told me about that man that I can bet Alan doesn't know."

"He doesn't need to know those things!"

"Why not?" Vic demanded.

"Because it's not important for him to know! He's just a kid and he doesn't need anything more to worry about!" 

"It's important for him to know his father's a murderer!" Vic shouted. My glare hardered.

"Just because you have an asshole for a father and you're aware of it doesn't mean you have to fucking show other people how big of assholes their dads are."

He glared, "You gotta be kidding me! You can't just flip this around on me!" 

"I'm not," I said. "But if you're going to try to make me tell my little brother that his dad-who he's fucking adored his entire life-is a murderer than you should fucking accept that your own father is a piece of shit and quit acting like such a drama queen about it. Your dad doesn't love you, big fucking deal, neither does mine!"

"You got some nerve!"

"Oh I do?" I said, watching as he got angrier and angrier. "I'm not the one trying to get in the middle of someone else's family problems!"

"All I'm telling you to do is to let your brother know the truth!"

"And all I'm saying is you need to face the truth!" I told him. "Quit being a fucking baby about it and just accept the fact that your dad doesn't love you."

"And you need to fucking to man up and tell your brother what's going on!?" He shouted raising his hand at me. I glared at him and his hand raised and before I even fully comprehended what was going on, my own hand clenched into a fist, ice covered it and I hit him in the jaw. Hard.