IX

Alan's POV

I don't think I'd left the library since I was shown it. I was almost done with Harry Potter, but I knew once I was done with these I would find another series and be sitting right back in this chair. I laid on the couch that Vic had in there and just read. It's all I've been doing and I hadn't really slept either. I would just help myself feel better and I'd be fine. I didn't need to do anything but read.

I mean sure, I missed seeing Austin at night, but I had a feeling he was in the library with me.  Besides, I just couldn't put the books down, they were amazing.  I was hooked and I was not going to stop reading knowing I had all these books at my fingertips. I hadn't seen this many books in my life and I wasn't going to take it for granted. 

"Alan," Kellin said, walking into the library and I held up a finger.

I looked up past the top of the book before holding it higher so he wasn't looking at me. "What?" I asked. 

"You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry, I feel fine. I've been making myself feel better so I'm good."

"That's not healthy you know."

"Who said?"

"I said, your big brother who knows better than you."

"I'm not a child."

"I know but you need to eat and you need to shower. You stink."

"It's not like anyone else comes in here to visit me."

"Vic came in here yesterday to get a book and asked you what you thought about Harry Potter and you ignored him."

"He did? When?" 

"At like, noon."

"I don't remember that," I said trying to remember him coming in here.

"He did," Kellin said and snatched my book away from me.

I sat up and reached for the book, "Give it back!" 

He held it away from me. "No, you need to take care of yourself first."

"I'm fine, please Kells," I whined falling back onto the couch.

"No," he said. "If you don't get up I'm going to tell Vic to ruin the series for you."

I sat up with a pout, "I'm on the last book, you can't ruin it for me now!"

"Then come on, get food and take a shower then you can finish."

"Fine," I said getting up and following him out of the library to the kitchen. I sat at the table with a huff.

"I made soup," he said cheerfully.

"Thanks."

"It's your favorite," Kellin sang.

"Chicken noodle?" I asked perking up. 

"Yep," he said with a smile.

He set down a bowl in front of me with a smile, "Thank you."

"It's what I'm here for little brother."

"I think I need to talk to Vic," I said as I started eating. 

"About what?"

"I wanna know more about Austin."

"Well, if you go talk to him, just a warning, Victor is in a piss poor mood today," he hummed and sat across from me.

"Why?"