XIII

Austin's POV

Something was wrong. Something was majorly wrong and I didn't quite know yet. I felt off and things felt weird and rushed along.  I didn't feel so good and there was one huge problem that was happening.

I couldn't visit Alan anymore. No matter what I did I physically couldn't do that anymore. I didn't know why, but I had an idea.

I think them freezing my body made this whole thing speed up. When I would look at myself, I looked like I only had days left. I had so much time before and it was slowly inching its way right down to nothing. Even in this life I wasn't looking too hot anymore. I looked almost how I did in the real world.

I had to find Kellin, he needed to undo this because I didn't have much time left like this. I ran around the house for a good minute before I came to Vic's room.  I went right in and stood at the foot of his bed where him and Kellin were fast asleep.

"Hello!" I shouted. "One of you, wake up!" 

Vic sat straight up and looked at me like he was ready to kill me. "What the fuck!?" He demanded.

"I needed to talk to Kellin, can you wake him up please?" 

Vic sighed and shook Kellin awake. "Kay, wake up, Austin needs to talk to you."

Kellin let out a groan, turning to face my general direction, "Where is he?"

"I'm right here," I said to him.

Kellin looked around. "Vee, I thought you said he wanted to talk to me."

"He's right there in front of you, do you not see him?" Vic asked, looking concerned.

"No I don't."

"He has to unfreeze me, now Vic. Something's wrong with me here and out there."

"What do you mean something's wrong?" Vic asked. "I mean, maybe the reason Kellin can't see you is because he's tired."

I glared at him, "He's never had a problem seeing me before and ever since this whole freezing thing happened I haven't been the same. I can't visit Alan anymore, no matter how hard I try and when he touches me I can't feel it anymore. Now Kellin can't see me either," I said harshly.

"Kellin, can you unfreeze Austin, I think," Vic let out a breath. "I think it sped up the curse."

"Sped it up?" Kellin asked confused.

"We messed with a curse, it wasn't just going to let you freeze time. I think that's why you can't see Austin anymore and he can't visit Alan's dreams."

"Oh shit, uh let me unfreeze him and then maybe that'll stop all this?"

Kellin got up as did Vic and I followed them to my bedroom. I stood back and watched as Kellin unfroze my body, but that made it worse because things went back to how they were before he froze me minus the amount of time I had left.

I looked at myself. I looked like shit. I didn't have much time to fix this and that meant Alan didn't have time to figure out if he loved me or not.

"I'm gonna die," I said quietly.

"You're not going to die," Vic said.

"I have a week left Vic. I know when my times up."

"I won't let that happen, I'll figure it out," Vic said.

"Maybe Alan's not the one then, you got your happy ending, don't worry about mine."

"You know it doesn't work like that," Vic said sadly. "He's got to be the one. He just needs to quit being a dumbass."