I

New Fic, here we go!

Alan's POV

Father visited Kellin and I once a month and it was always on the last Sunday. Those were the days he felt the need to come to visit. He told us he needed time to get rejuvenated and spend time with his boy.

We were far out from the town where no one could find us. It kind of sucked but after being stuck here for our whole life, but I'd like to think I was used to it. Besides, I had my brother for company. I had him and plenty of books to read all the time, so I was usually occupied and boredom never hit me too hard. Not like it did Kellin, really.

He never seemed satisfied here and he was constantly bored and always saying we should leave here. I didn't see why? We were safe here from the people who wanted to hurt us. Sometimes it felt like I was more mature than my big brother when it came to this kind of thing.

"Dad will be here soon," I said sitting at the bay window with a book in my hand.

"Big whoop."

"He might bring more books."

"I'm tired of reading," Kellin muttered, looking up from his notebook. "Don't you ever want to see some of the places we've read about?"

I shrugged, "I guess it would be cool, but we're safe here."

"I don't want to be safe," he said and sat down across from me on the bay window and frosted up the window before spelling help.

"Don't do that," I said wiping it out.

"We're in a tower in the middle of nowhere, no one can see it," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Well, Dad doesn't need to see it."

"He wouldn't have," Kellin said.

"Boy's I'm here!"

"Great," Kellin muttered, rolling his eyes. He looked at me. "Go have fun with Daddy," he said and headed to his bedroom.

I sighed. I didn't get why he never wanted to spend time with our dad. He was just trying to keep us safe from the people out there. They would use us and hurt us. And if they found out what all we could do, it would be all over.

I left my room and headed down the spiral staircase seeing my father at the end of it. I smiled at him and ran giving him a hug.

"Hey, dad!" I said once I pulled away.

"Hey, how's my boy?"

"Good, did you bring any new books?"

"Of course!"

I smiled and took the bag that all of them were in. "There's so many!"

"I know, I always have to make sure my boys are stocked," He said patting my back softly.

"I'm glad, I think Kellin was going insane."

"He always does, doesn't he?"

I nodded, "Yeah he does."

He shook his head and took a seat.

"How've things been?" I asked curiously as I looked through all the books.

"Busy as usual," he said.

"Every time I see you it's like you get grayer," I noted.

"I could probably use your help with that," he said with a laugh.

"Can I ask you something about that?" I asked leaning against the table.

"What's up?"

"Would you ever let us leave here? And Kellin says you only keep us here to use me to stay healthy?"